yevgeny

Do I Have A Chance With This Shot?

Wed Aug 22, 2001 2:53 pm

Hi Guy's
Do i have a chance ? or not
http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/big/002.jpg

RE: Do I Have A Chance With This Shot?

Wed Aug 22, 2001 3:39 pm

Scan quality looks perfect to me but the fence(or whatever that it) might not sit well with Johan even though it does not obscure the a/c.

Davus

Wed Aug 22, 2001 5:49 pm

Looks fine to me!

Wed Aug 22, 2001 6:19 pm

I have to agree with CYKA, the fence in the foreground is a big distraction and greatly degrades the overall quality of the photo. If the fence was not there, it would be a great shot. The quality of the scan looks good. I would pass this photo on to Johan, but I have a feeling he would probably end up rejecting it. If it was a shot of very rare aircraft, the fence would not really be a big problem.

S6

Aer Lingus

Wed Aug 22, 2001 6:20 pm

The cockpit is out of focus & the fence is distracting
Wont be accepted, sorry.

KingWide

Wed Aug 22, 2001 6:20 pm

Is th nose ever so slightly blurry [probably from low depth of field] or is it just my eyes?  Big grin
Jason Taperell - AirTeamImages

ckw

Wed Aug 22, 2001 8:32 pm

Agreed, the nose isn't sharp - which is a shame as the rest of the aircraft is spot on! Personally I don't mind pics where the nose is sharp and the rest of the aircraft a blur, but if the cockpit area is even a little off, I don't like it - it's like eyes in portraits. The fence I don't mind as its not obscuring the aircraft in any way (though ideally it would be better without).

Cheers,

Colin
Colin K. Work, Pixstel

Wed Aug 22, 2001 9:23 pm

The fact that the link is still live means the pic has passed the pre-screening and is waiting for Johan to assess it.

ivailo

Thu Aug 23, 2001 3:57 pm

the photo is pretty good (seems very real) and it would be shame not to be added to the database ! there are pics which are worse than this one and are still added daily - why shouldn't that pic be added too...

anyways the nose is a little blurry, but the fence is just nothing because it doesn't affect the aircraft at all.