Sonic99
Topic Author

Any Way Of Salvaging This Photo?

Thu Sep 06, 2001 7:27 am

Hi everyone,

Here's a photo I recently took of a BA inbound from London as it was taxiing to the gate. It was early evening and the light conditions weren't the best, but I really like this photo. Aside from getting rid of part of the terminal building in the forefront, any ideas on how I can salvage this photo (if possible)?

It was rejected at the screening stage for low quality

Many thanks,

Stephan

here's the photo:

RE: Any Way Of Salvaging This Photo?

Thu Sep 06, 2001 7:44 am

Stephan, It if were not for the terminal building in the foreground, you might have been able to save it. With building plus the less than perfect lighting condition, I do not think there is anything you could do to bring it a.net standards. It is still a good photo, just not what airliners.net is looking for.

mirage

Thu Sep 06, 2001 8:21 am

I'm not sure if I understood. Do you mean you would like to delete that building in the foreground?

Luis

Sonic99
Topic Author

Thu Sep 06, 2001 8:32 am

No Luis,

I was wondering if there's a way to get the photo of the plane look better. I was being sarcastic about the part of getting rid of the terminal building - I know the building is partly in the way but it doesn't obstruct the full view of the plane.

BTW, my message was incomplete earlier - the scan was rejected for "low scan quality". There was no mention of obstructions or otherwise in the rejection message.

It's not the end of the world for me if this is photo is never accepted, but it would be nice to know how I could improve this photo if possible.

Thanks

Stephan

mirage

Thu Sep 06, 2001 8:44 am

ah, sorry for my slow comprehension, english is not my natural language. Anyway, I think it's not much you can do to improve that photo, better opportunities will come  Smile

Luis

jderden777

Thu Sep 06, 2001 10:39 am

i think the only reason that pic should have been rejected is the terminal building in the foreground..i think the light is cool..i don't think it has to be PERFECT light for a good picture..i like the light in sonic's picture...i've taken pics in that kind of light before and i was pleased..i think it adds an interesting twist to the photo...i mean, if he hadn't taken the shot because of the less-than-perfect light then he would've missed the 777...so i don't think that light and rejection should go in the same sentence for this pic...it's a nice shot...i like it

jonathan d.

p.s. i have some shots like this at JFK with building in the foreground that got accepted...
"my soul is in the sky" - shakespeare