Bruce
Topic Author

This Picture Has Been Bothering Me

Mon Sep 10, 2001 3:02 pm

I took this picture in '99 at MIA. The plane is on the closest runway to the fence, altho I only had a 135mm lens. There have been many pics added to the database taken from this spot by runway 12, if any of you have been there.

I have tried various things: having the photo re-printed on glossy paper from the neg. by a quality lab; scanned it various times over the last two years on 3 different scanners at different resolutions. I always get the same rejection, for quality.

The only thing I can see is the sunlight reflection on AA's bright silver. Would that alone be enough to reject it? There are no "deep" shadows and the sky is the correct color, the lighting seems decent. What can I do with this photo? Why is it impossible to get the quality up? Since it can't be the developing or scanning (i don't think) do you think if I had shot it on ISO100 Reala film that it would have made such a difference on THIS photo?

Can anybody suggest something that might help this photo?

Thanks
Bruce
Bruce Leibowitz - Jackson, MS (KJAN) - Canon 50D/100-400L IS lens

RE: This Picture Has Been Bothering Me

Mon Sep 10, 2001 3:06 pm

Have someone scan it directly from the negetive.The fact that you scanning from the print is degrading the quality in my opinion. Looks like a pretty good pic, though it might be a tad overexposed.

da Fwog

Mon Sep 10, 2001 7:54 pm

The colours are not the best, but the main problem with this pic is lack of clarity ahd sharpness. As Mark (Cyka) says, see if you can get someone to scan the negative for you if you really want to keep working on it.

airbus380

Mon Sep 10, 2001 10:57 pm

It looks a little bit blurry around the back windows. Also it needs to be sharpened. Try to increase the DPI also.