AndyEastMids
Topic Author

Can We Have Some "normal" New Pictures Please?

Fri Sep 14, 2001 9:16 pm

With respect to everyone involved in the tragic incident, and also to the admins (who I accept may be busy and unable to process the "normal" quantity of uploads at the moment), isn't it time we had some new "normal" pictures on this site rather than the new pictures just being cherry picked from those related to the incident?

For my own part, I'd now like to see some new pictures added which are just pulled from the queue as normal - as far as I can tell we've had little in the way of new stuff for three days now.

Regards,

Andy

LGW

RE: Can We Have Some "normal" New Pictures Please?

Fri Sep 14, 2001 10:27 pm

I agree

LGW

ivailo

Fri Sep 14, 2001 11:04 pm

I agree absolutely.

Ivailo Sokolov
SOF - Bulgaria

dee-see-eit

Fri Sep 14, 2001 11:10 pm

I concur with Andy. We have to come over this.

DC8

Tonimr

Fri Sep 14, 2001 11:35 pm

I also agree, but perhaps the delay in the publishing of the "normal" pics is also related with the database changes...

Toni
There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.

ckw

Fri Sep 14, 2001 11:58 pm

Agreed 100% - come on, lets get life back to normal asap

Cheers,

Colin
Colin K. Work, Pixstel

Fly-K

Fri Sep 14, 2001 11:59 pm

Let's give it a few more hours/days, it's Johan's site, and it all depends on how HE feels.

Konstantin
Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been...

Sonic99

Sat Sep 15, 2001 12:08 am

Although I would tend to agree, there still is some sense of grief everywhere - at least in Canada and the US - regarding this unfortunate incident in New York and Washington DC.

Today (Friday) has been declared as a day of mourning. At least until this has come to pass it is my belief that many aspects of daily lives well reflect the general constraint towards rushing back to normality. So, IMO, this site should reflect the same. Give it another day or so.

Stephan

AndyEastMids
Topic Author

Sat Sep 15, 2001 12:13 am

OK, I'll reitterate. My request wasn't designed to be a criticism of the admins, nor did I hve any desire to upset anyone, Johan especially. I think that it was appropriate and important to pay respect to what has happened. However, not withstanding the admins maybe having other things to do, I personally think it is now time to try to get back to "normal", as the air transport system is trying to get back to some semblance of normality around the globe.

Andy

Sat Sep 15, 2001 5:40 am

I'm 100% in agreement with Andy.

Dean

Bruce

Sat Sep 15, 2001 12:50 pm

Actually, this might be a good time for Johan to catch up on the long queue, because (and correct me if I'm wrong) I don't think there's as many NEW photos being added to the queue due to this week's tragedy.

Bruce
Bruce Leibowitz - Jackson, MS (KJAN) - Canon 50D/100-400L IS lens

jwenting

Sat Sep 15, 2001 5:11 pm

I think there are. All Americans seem to have gone out and scanned whatever AA or UAL 752 or 762 they could find (since those planes don't usually fly international non-Americans won't do this). Also, spotting outside the US does go on, albeit at a somewhat reduced rate. People are however catching up on backlogs of material as the queue is increasing steadily...
I wish I were flying

Mon Sep 17, 2001 4:42 pm

I'm sticking my neck out here...but...

Can We Have Some "normal" New Pictures Please?

...especially as some of the recent additions from what I can only assume was the travel list (given that, in my humble opinion, they are not shots that screeners would have fast tracked as being of the highest quality) are not up to the usual high standards.

Dark, and often poorly lit from the wrong side, I can't believe there aren't many more shots more worthy of attention in the main queue.

I look forward to seeing all those great new shots soon.

Regards,
Dean Barnes

paulc

Mon Sep 17, 2001 6:47 pm

Very few new pictures seem have been added in the last 3 weeks anyway - there are still 200+ photographers (before me according to photostats) and an ever increasing number of images waiting for final scan/approval - it was the same 2 weeks ago.

Not meant as a critisism but it does seem that the screeners get images processed in very quick time, only to have them sit for ages in the queue for final approval.

Perhaps the screeners should be allowed to add images directly to the database?? - to get rid of the queue
English First, British Second, european Never!

jwenting

Mon Sep 17, 2001 6:51 pm

there is some work on the regular queue. I've gone up 3 places in the last week, only 1 in the month before that.
I wish I were flying