PUnmuth@VIE
Topic Author

Whats Going On (upload Page And Stats-page)

Fri Oct 26, 2001 3:55 am

Hi all!
I just uploaded a picture and afterwards I checked my photostats page. Before uploading I had 7 and afterwards I had 7 too, so I uploaded it again and checked the stats and again there where 7 waiting where the should have been 8 or 9.
The question is are they now ready for processing (the recently additional uploaded) or not.
Are ther major bugs in the upload or check stats scripts?
If yes wouldnt it be a wise decision to diasble the upload pages until the bugs are found and updated?
I think this or a similar question was already posted I think by Jason AKA KingWide, and I also mailed Johan 3 days ago about this issue but got no feedback, so any comments of the admins and or the screeners would be highly appreciated.
To make this clear: I am not complaining because I know verry well that this is a private site i just would be interested if it does make any sense to continue uploading. With sense I mean for us the uploaders and for the admin(s) also.
For the uploaders (or at least for me) its not very fine when they dont know exactly if the upload was ok or not and for the admins it would also be fine to get rid of the workload of screening of new pictures or adding them when there are some bugs in the system waiting to be found and fixed.
Thanks
Peter
-

KingWide

RE: Whats Going On (upload Page And Stats-page)

Fri Oct 26, 2001 5:02 am

Just for information, I've given up on uploads at the moment. I had stuff going missing and every picture I've uploaded after some date about a week or so ago hasn't got screened [if the Screener acceptance e-mails are to be believed I have 54 that havn't been through any screening process, some of which date back about 3 weeks.]

I've also had, a couple of days ago, three of my most recent uploads added to the db without any confirmation e-mail at all.

I'm surmising that the queue / screening process / db is in a bad way so I figured I'd just lay off the uploads and give everyone a bit of time to sort it out.

The problem, of course, is that I'm going to dump loads of pics on the db when it is sorted!  Big grin

Anyway, if any of what I've said above doesn't square with your speculations / knowledge / inside view of what's going on then please don't be offended, I'm 100% sure that you know more about it than I do! Big grin

[Let's see if this one gets archived as quick as the last one!]

J
Jason Taperell - AirTeamImages

mirage

Fri Oct 26, 2001 5:21 am

I also had suspend my uploads for now (usually I upload about 20 photos and wait). We know there are some problems with the scripts so common sense is a good thing to keep in mind.

Luis

Blackhawk

Fri Oct 26, 2001 5:34 am

In the past week over 1000 photos have been added to the datatbase yet for the same time period the photostats page keeps saying that the same number of photos and photographers are ahead of me in the queue, how come ?

Fri Oct 26, 2001 5:38 am

... and I've had shots added but no confirmation e-mail either....

...I'm not complaining though...

PUnmuth@VIE
Topic Author

Fri Oct 26, 2001 4:10 pm

Hi all!
Now i know what heppened. I had 2 pictures with the same file name (for example: 001_something.jpg) in different directories.
I uploaded both. The first went through with the stats ok after the 2nd the stats didnt go up, but the addphoto/big/001_something.jpg showed the second picture.
So i renamed the other one a-001_something.jpg and uploaded it and the counter was Ok and both pictures showed up in the addphoto/big/... .
So be cereful with your filenames when using different directories for uploading pictures.
Regards
Peter
-

Sukhoi

Fri Oct 26, 2001 5:13 pm

From one of the other threads im sure either Johan or one of the Screeners said to hold off on the uploads due to a bug in the system. Maybe they should put the upload page out of bounds to help their own cause in sorting the problem??

cheers

Paul

da Fwog

Sat Oct 27, 2001 3:36 am

I have had several pictures added in the last couple of weeks - but I have also had a number go missing. So I have taken to uploading pictures in twos and threes and then waiting until each lot are processed. Then I know where I stand, and don't have to sift through a load of pictures to see which ones got lost on the way.

There is something still slightly amiss somewhere, but whenever we have problems like this, Johan DOES get on with fixing it as fast as possible, so I guess we'll leave him to get on with it, and wait for an update.