AUS_Spotter
Topic Author

Spotting At MCO

Mon Oct 29, 2001 1:14 am

I'll be in Orlando in a couple weeks for a convention. I was wondering how it is looking for spotting at MCO. I may have some free time I would like to spend a couple hours getting shots of aircraft at MCO. Is it still possible and what are some good spots?

Thanks,

Jason

727LOVER

RE: Spotting At MCO

Wed Oct 31, 2001 8:02 am

Somebody that I e-mailed on this forum,Dazed767, told me that the long dirt parking strip on overlooking 18L and 18R is fine. Delta Air Cargo near approach of 17 is fine(I'd be careful there). UPS area for approach to 18L in mornings, I would not park there for too long. By the way, if the opposite runways are in use, I wouldn't even bother!!!!!
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

jsmith

Wed Oct 31, 2001 2:38 pm

I agree with 727LOVER but you can get photos of the aircraft on the ground at the various concourses (assuming that these have not been completely closed off to non travelling passengers). As you are travelling, I would think that you will be able to take some good shots (albeit through glass). I was in MCO in December 1999 and all of my shots through glass turned out very well. MCO gets some very interesting traffic.

Don't be put off by not being able to get shots from around the perimeter - the terminals are not too bad and the glass was not too dirty either.

Happy travels!

AUS_Spotter
Topic Author

Wed Oct 31, 2001 3:52 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'll at least give spotting a try while I'm there.

Dazed767

Wed Oct 31, 2001 4:01 pm

I would just stay at the dirt road on McCoy Rd for now. Runway 17 at the DAL Cargo might still be ok (I wouldn't see why not). Just stay away from the fences at much as possible.