yka

White Border When Cropping

Fri Nov 02, 2001 8:35 pm

I just had all my pics rejected by a screener for there being a white boarder around all the pics. I have no problem with that, but I cannot see how to get rid of it.

It occurs when crop a photo, cut the croped area and then paste it again a new image after which I do the sharpening and other adjustments. I zoomed up on the border and found it too be 1 pixel wide and more less the colour of the pixels around it. I tried a couple things including the "float" and "Defringe" commands and although they reduce visibilty of the border it is still lighter then the surounding pixels and thereby visible when the a.net logo is added.

Here is an example

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Mark Kisiolek

This pic was not processed by me and hence does not have this border

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Mark Kisiolek

Has anyone encounterd the same problem? If so, I would to know how to fix it. I use paint shop pro 7. Thanks

Granite

RE: White Border When Cropping

Fri Nov 02, 2001 9:07 pm

Hi Mark

You might have to go into your photo software setting and have a look at whats there.

Possible an automatic border size has been selected and you will have to delete the checkbox.

Look carefully at the settings to see what is there.

Regards

Gary Watt
Aberdeen, Scotland

yka

Fri Nov 02, 2001 9:40 pm

Alright i've figured it out...you can delete this topics Gary.

Sukhoi

Fri Nov 02, 2001 9:41 pm

Mark,

Why dont you just use the crop(resize) tool to resize the original image? I use PSP 7 and thats what I do saves having to do any cutting or pasting.

I havent got PSP on this machine but if i remember the button looks like the outline of a square split in two(?)

cheers

Paul