BA
Topic Author

Is Spotting Still Allowed In US Airports?

Tue Nov 20, 2001 3:41 pm

I live in Denver, Colorado and used to spot at Denver Int'l (DEN) all the time.

I was wondering if it is still allowed, or would I get arrested? I photograph planes just as a hobby, I don't sell them or anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

AndyEastMids

RE: Is Spotting Still Allowed In US Airports?

Tue Nov 20, 2001 8:59 pm

If you're in a place that is freely accessible to the public, are not parked illegally, etc, etc, what law would you be breaking if you were taking pictures or just watching airplanes??? If you're not breaking any law, how can you be arrested?

And what difference would selling the pictures make? Actually, I would think that making money selling the pictures might even help - even if the US doesn't understand freedom to persue hobbies such as airplane photography any more, I'm sure they still understand good old capitalism!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Andy

DFW777

Thu Nov 22, 2001 3:03 am

I've had no problems. In fact no problems at MCO and DFW this past week walking around in the terminals before my flights taking pictures.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Jeremy

tu154m

Sat Nov 24, 2001 7:18 am

If you run "down" the "up" escalator nothing will happen to you. If you take pictures from the airport boundaries you will be shot on site.(At least in ATL).
Steve
CEOs should swim with cement flippers!