Heinz
Topic Author

Photography At Mojave

Wed Nov 21, 2001 4:09 pm

Hi,
does anybody know what the situation is currently like at Mojave, in terms of access and photography ?
Is it still possible to get a tour for a fee ?
Is it true that the police are cracking down on people along the perimeter fence ?
Any info would be much appreciated.
Heinz

RE: Photography At Mojave

Thu Nov 22, 2001 1:54 am

No tours at this time. I have also heard that if you try to shoot over the fence or throught it, the cops will be on you like fly's on s**t. I would not go up there right now.

Stephen

N509JB

Not Really

Thu Nov 22, 2001 2:34 am

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Brian Stevenson - Orlando/Tampa Aviation Photography

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Brian Stevenson - Orlando/Tampa Aviation Photography

I was just there and MHV was pretty much the same. No more ramp tours though. Avtel road was closed off, but you can still shoot from the field in front of it and the road along the side. I didnt see any cops at all and no one bothered me.

VCV was pretty much the same...

Brian

DaveR

San Francisco Photograpy

Sun Nov 25, 2001 2:13 am

Just wondering what the photography situation was like now in this part of the world-San Francisco,San Diego etc?

chrisair

Sun Nov 25, 2001 4:33 am

If you have a ticket at San Francisco on AA you're in good shape. However if you don't you're SOL. There isn't any place that you can (legally) shoot.

2912n

Sun Nov 25, 2001 4:53 am

San Diego is okay at the moment. As long as you are not climbing up on anything you are fine at the approach side of Lindbergh Field. (Viewing area at Harbor Dr. and Laurel.) There are also a couple of good places to watch military stuff go by if you have that interest.