yka

Your Opinion Please...

Thu Nov 22, 2001 4:41 pm

I submited this one again a few hours ago after it was intialy rejected by the screeners on the basis of bad quality(soft) and parts of aircraft. I worked on it and sharpened it as best I could.

It still only pictures 3/4 of the aircraft, but thats what I wanted. There are many WJ profile, tail and nose shots but there isin't one like this. I like these shots more then the standard profile shots but it appears the screeners might not.

I'd like you guys' opinion on whether this shot will make it this time around and I'd also like to know how ya'll feel about such shots.

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/big/MK2_8_0e01.jpg

jwenting

RE: Your Opinion Please...

Thu Nov 22, 2001 5:33 pm

upper fuselage (especially the edge) a bit soft.
If it does not get rejected for that, it will be because "part of the aircraft is missing".
The reason you don't see many shots like this is because Johan does not like them.
I wish I were flying

Alaskaairlines

Thu Nov 22, 2001 5:41 pm

The 737 is not a bad quality picture, but a.net say they want the entire aircraft, they upload so many partial aircraft pictures because of the beautiful sun and so on.

Like this, very beautiful sunlight reflects off the Alitalia A321.

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Jason Taperell

Dmitry.

KingWide

Thu Nov 22, 2001 7:50 pm

To tell the truth I took a bit of a chance on uploading some of these shots. I know from reading the forum that Johan doesn't tend to like them.

I had quite a few of them but I only uploaded the shots that were the best figuring that they'd all get blown away.

Surprisingly he took them. Which leaves me a little mystified over what's acceptable and not for these kind of shots.

J
Jason Taperell - AirTeamImages

A330DAT

Fri Nov 23, 2001 1:17 am

Beautiful shot YKA. No matter what anyone says. Have you tried filing the picture under "Aircraft Nose Close-ups"? You never know... good luck

Craigy

Fri Nov 23, 2001 3:34 am

I think the Alitalia shot was uploaded because of good composition and fantastic lighting.
Yes, these partial aircraft shots WILL get uploaded as lond as there is something extra SPECIAL about them.
Craig.

Craigy

Fri Nov 23, 2001 3:37 am

and yes, I like the Westjet photo too.

xenon

Fri Nov 23, 2001 4:58 am

Hi,

Go for it!
AirTeamImages -ATI-

da Fwog

Fri Nov 23, 2001 9:51 am

In common with Jason, I have quite a LOT of photos that only feature part of the aircraft. I think the motivation for taking them is that I wanted to do something a little different, and the extra focal length offered by the D30 makes it tempting to zoom in closer.

I wondered if Johan might get a little tired of me uploading photos of 1/3, 1/2 or 2/3 of an aircraft, but he still seems to be happy to add them. I think the key - if you're going to zoom in on part of the aircraft - is to make it count, by showing off the fine detail in a way you couldn't on a frame of the whole aircraft. Also, interesting composition can help. Jason's pic isn't a typical approach angle shot, so you're more likely to sit up and take notice of it.