PUnmuth@VIE
Topic Author

Thread For Rejected Photos

Sat Nov 24, 2001 11:12 pm

Hi!
Thought it would be a idea to start a thread for posting pictures which where rejected. Not for "standard" shots but for mmh way of different shots. Don't know exactly how to say instead i am just posting mine.
http://www.airliners.net/procphotos/rejphoto.main?filename=007_air_berlin_b737_86j_wl_d_abao.JPG
Any more?
Peter
-

Fredrik Hjort

RE: Thread For Rejected Photos

Sat Nov 24, 2001 11:51 pm

Cool shot... but it would be even better, I think, if you tried to center the wingtip just a bit. Then it would be perfect.

/Fredrik

mirage

Sun Nov 25, 2001 12:29 am

The logo is very annoying, it takes your attention from the main subject.

Luis

chris28_17

Sun Nov 25, 2001 12:39 am

i really hate to say it, but, quite honestly i dont really like it... i appreciate the idea of it... also like luis mentioned, the first thing i really looked at was the watermark...

Chris

gerardo

Sun Nov 25, 2001 12:46 am

I would say: "parts of aircraft not visible"  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Naaaah, on a serious note: I like the idea, but the contrast of the picture does not support what you tried to show with your pic.

Gerardo
dominguez(dash)online(dot)ch ... Pushing the limits of my equipment

da Fwog

Sun Nov 25, 2001 1:55 am

I think one of two things would make this pic work. Either if the wingtip was completely in silhouette, so you were just looking at shapes, or else if there was sunlight falling on the wingtip so we could clearly see the logo. This pic is halfway in between, so doesn't work for me. (But it DOES make me want to fly Air Berlin, just to photograph the wingtips!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy)

Oh, and definitely remove your logo from the corner of the pic - it totally kills it!

AviationIvi

Sun Nov 25, 2001 4:42 am

Hi Peter,
I like this kind of photography but I guess they would be rejected due to too much grain.
But keep on trying!

Regards
Ivi
by the way: I would remove the 747 logo. It sucks!

AviationIvi

Ups

Sun Nov 25, 2001 4:47 am

ups, actually I wanted to reply to your 2nd topic. Sorry!

Ivi

Sydneybuses

Sun Nov 25, 2001 10:27 am

Good idea Peter. Here are 4 of mine that were rejected again. I tried the Qantas SP photo previosuly (it was rejected), now I tried to fix it up, but it was rejected again.

http://www.airliners.net/procphotos/rejphoto.main?filename=qa01.jpg
I feel this one is quite good, besides the yellowishness which I can't seem to get rid of

http://www.airliners.net/procphotos/rejphoto.main?filename=747sp03.jpg
Same sort of deal

http://www.airliners.net/procphotos/rejphoto.main?filename=ma01.jpg
This ones alright, isn't it?

http://www.airliners.net/procphotos/rejphoto.main?filename=ev02.jpg
I admit it, not the best photo in the world

DutchAir

Sun Nov 25, 2001 6:23 pm

Hi all,

I got this photo rejected by a screener this morning.

The photo in from 1986 and taken during the airshow at Scheveningen Beach (The Hague, The Netherlands).
BTW, if anyone a way to improve it please let me know.

Regards,

Miguel Snoep
"People are assholes when flying"

da Fwog

Sun Nov 25, 2001 7:13 pm

Norbert,

there's something not quite right with your contrast and colours. The whites are so bright they make my teeth hurt, but they don't seem really WHITE, and the colours seem dark and muddy. Perhaps this could be improved by toning down the colour saturation some, reducing the contrast a little, and then tweaking the overall colour balance to either reduce the red a little or increase the blue. If the original is too yellow, this can also be fixed by a boost to the blue element.

Miguel,

looks to me like the problem is a slight lack of crispness. There's already a little grain there, so sharpening is only going to worsen it. I just tried running it through the sharpen filter, and this improves the aircraft, while making the sky too grainy, so perhaps you could mask the sky and just gently sharpen the plane, enough to crisp it up a little, without adding jaggies.

DutchAir

Sun Nov 25, 2001 7:28 pm

Thanks Chris.

I've tried to sharpen the plane a bit and left the sky as it was. I think the photo has improved a bit, so let's hope it'll get through this time  Smile

Thanks again,
Miguel

"People are assholes when flying"

Thom@s

Mon Nov 26, 2001 5:31 am

I'm still a little puzzled over this one.  Sad

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

fallingeese

Mon Nov 26, 2001 6:03 am

I love that picture Thom@s, no clue why it wasn't uploaded.
Mark McWhirter...Contrails Photography

KingWide

Mon Nov 26, 2001 6:46 am

I'm guessing but I think it was rejected for a combination of being too far away and the point of sharp focus being in the wrong place. The plane isn't really pin sharp. If you look at the tarmac in the foreground, it's sharp but you seem to lose sharpness towards the back [unfortunately where your subject is because it's not close enough] of the frame.

I'd expect in those conditions for you to be able to set a really small aperture and get really big depth of field so this wouldn;t be a problem.

It's a shame really 'cause it's a great subject.

J
Jason Taperell - AirTeamImages