skymileman

How Do I Take Pics Now?

Tue Dec 11, 2001 11:03 pm

Now that they are enforcing the rule that no one but ticketed passengers can go to the gate area, I can't get to the airport to take pics. Does anyone have suggestions?

Scooter

RE: How Do I Take Pics Now?

Tue Dec 11, 2001 11:33 pm

Unfortunately, there isn't much ramp photography you can do if you don't have a ticket. Take this opportunity to find the good spots around the perimeter of your local airport...that's what I've been doing, and I've been finding some pretty cool spots.

If your lack of quality gear is your issue, well, that's my problem too. Now that most of my shooting will be outdoors, I'm at the mercy of my equipment. The camera I have is GREAT for ramp shots, but it sucks ass for action work (Nikon CP880). 75% of my action shots aren't sharp. Frustrating!

Anyway, if you can, do what I do: travel more!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy It's either that or plopping down 3k for a shiny new D30 with a 300mm lens...

-Scott

My name is Scott, and I am addicted to writing trip reports.

jwenting

Wed Dec 12, 2001 1:05 am

Do what the rest of the world has always done, find a place around the perimeter and shoot from there.
Or you can take the opportunity to go flying a LOT more, of course (if you can afford to).
I wish I were flying

CcrlR

Fri Dec 14, 2001 12:22 pm

What you should do is go to the runway where the planes land and shoot from there. Go over there and take pictures over there or go to the fence and shoot from there too. That's what I do.
"He was right, it is a screaming metal deathtrap!"-Cosmo (from the Fairly Oddparents)

airplanenut

Fri Dec 14, 2001 12:30 pm

Go to priceline.com and find a fare for $5... then go shoot away (you know... "I came early so I don't miss my flight...) Big grin

I know someone who found a fare of $-2 to Germany from the states  Laugh out loud

Jeremy
Why yes, in fact, I am a rocket scientist...