tappan

World Peace Thru Spotting/Jet Photography?

Sat Dec 22, 2001 11:32 pm

As we are in the world's "Peace Month"...Ramadan,Christmas,Hanukkah,Kwanza....Just a thought.....Since joining a.net I have met (by way of e-mail) and corresponded with dozens of non Americans throughout the world. As this world seems more and more unfriendly and conflicted, I was just wondering if anyone else on this forum recognized just how far a common passion can go to create dialogue and ultimately PEACE..
Mark Garfinkel
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year

OH-LZA

RE: World Peace Thru Spotting/Jet Photography?

Sat Dec 22, 2001 11:35 pm

I couldn't agree more with you Mark!
I've never seen any fights between people in the Aviation Photography forum which were realted to their nationality and/or ethnicity.

Alexander

Carlos Borda

Sun Dec 23, 2001 3:28 am

Well said Mark.... if anything for me, seeing all these great shots from all around the world gives me more creative ideas to think about and places around the world to go and visit. And yes, meeting others (via email) from all around the world for me has been great too.
Everyone keep up the hard work and great shooting in 2002. Happy and safe holidays to all....

~Carlos

Mark G writes:

>>As we are in the world's "Peace Month"...Ramadan,Christmas,Hanukkah,Kwanza....Just a thought.....Since joining a.net I have met (by way of e-mail) and corresponded with dozens of non Americans throughout the world. As this world seems more and more unfriendly and conflicted, I was just wondering if anyone else on this forum recognized just how far a common passion can go to create dialogue and ultimately PEACE..
Mark Garfinkel
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year<<

ake0404ar

Sun Dec 23, 2001 3:52 am

Well said Mark,

I could not agree more. Airliners.net is a big family of aviation enthusiast who have one common interest, we all love planes and everything affiliated with it.

With most of you guys I only corresponded via e-mail, but I also met some of you in person, like Mark Garfinkel, Joe Pries, Konstantin von Wedelstaedt, Thomas Fischer, Chris Liao and Chris Weldy.....

I have to admit, defintely cool if u know people around the world......

Happy Holidays
Vasco Garcia

Fly-K

Sun Dec 23, 2001 11:53 pm

I'm convinced we are contributing to peace a little bit!

Happy Holiday and a Peaceful, Happy New Year!

Konstantin
Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been...

lugonza_2001

Mon Dec 24, 2001 1:41 am

Yes!

Happy 2002 to all of you!!!!!!!!!
Luis