LGW
Topic Author

How Do I Print A Digital Image?

Tue Dec 25, 2001 6:55 am

I take digital shots and want to print some out. What do you suggest I do?

I have a raw image (1600x1200) and I.............?

Thanks for your help as I want to get the best possible print

LGW

Skymonster

RE: How Do I Print A Digital Image?

Tue Dec 25, 2001 7:10 am

Ben,

If you haven't got a decent photo-quality printer, I find the print@kodak service is quite good.

Andy
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots

KingWide

Tue Dec 25, 2001 7:11 am

I've used Fujilab's internet print service in the past and I have to say [provided you're careful to do your sharpening beforehand] that the final results come out looking excellent.

They have a software front end that lets you choose your format and then fit the image into it [you can zoom in and out etc.], it then takes your card details and sends them along with your image to the digital lab who print it out and send it back to you. Prints take 5 working days.

The advantage is you can get the print looking perfect on your PC before sending it.

6x4 costs 89p and 10x8 is about £2. It will warn you if the image isn't high res enough for the format as well.

The only snag is each order incurs postage of £1.50 so you have to do a few to make it worth your while.

J
Jason Taperell - AirTeamImages

da Fwog

Tue Dec 25, 2001 8:16 am

Or try Jessops Internet Printing service (run by Pixology). Excellent results, 50p per 6x4, dropping to just 29p each for larger quanitities. Minimum order £5 but post free within UK. 1600x1200 is an ideal size to submit to them. As J says, make sure your digital file looks pristine before you send it, and if you don't have a high speed connection, be prepared for it to take a loooong time!

KingWide

Tue Dec 25, 2001 8:52 am

Interesting. The Fuji service is also run by pixology but the prices are higher! I think I might be changing to the Jessops service!

J

KingWide

Tue Dec 25, 2001 9:08 am

Just an update. I just looked at the Jessops service and their prices for basic prints are cheaper and there's no postage. They don't offer the larger formats like Fuji do and Fuji is cheaper for some of the speciality items [mousemats, mugs etc.].

HOWEVER, Jessops currently have an offer of your first 10 7x5 prints absolutely FREE. [Yes, FREE!] So it might be a good time to get some stuff done  Big grin

J

Sukhoi

Fri Dec 28, 2001 8:18 pm

Ben,

Go to the Jessops in Horsham as they are able to print digital images in store. Their machine accepts most digital media and the prints are excellant, if their quiet then its sometimes as little as an hour turn around.

Cheers

Paul