zhukov

Why Have They Been Rejected

Sun Jan 13, 2002 8:02 pm

I uploaded 14 pictures and i have already received a mail from the Screeners who told me that eight photographs have been rejected because of their low quality.

Well, i agree that they aren't extraordinary pictures but i think they aren't so bad...

Here are two examples of my rejected pictures :
http://www.airliners.net/procphotos/rejphoto.main?filename=A320do328.jpg
http://www.airliners.net/procphotos/rejphoto.main?filename=Iberia.jpg

Can someone tell me why they aren't good enough to be uploaded on airliners.net and how i could improve them.

For information, i use a Canon ESO3000 with a 75-300mm f.4 - 5.6 III lens, and this time i used a Fuji Superia 200 that was unrolled by Kodak. I choosed the Kodak picture CD because my scanner is really old and bad.

(please don't worry if i've made english mistakes, it isn't my native language Insane )

jettrader

RE: Why Have They Been Rejected

Sun Jan 13, 2002 8:15 pm

Hi Flavien,

The pictures look fine to me. I know this doesn't help you much but I would say that you are doing everything right once you get the CD back from Kodak.

Maybe all you need to do is to shoot in better light when the sun is shining and to try and get better angles for the shots.

But remember...technically ok shots in poor light or from certain unusual angles will still be rejected.

Maybe the reason for the rejection was more likely on what I'd call aesthetic ground as opposed to technical quality.

Just my two cents...

Good luck,
Dean
Life's dangerous. Get a f**king helmet!

Staffan

Sun Jan 13, 2002 8:17 pm

They look a little bit soft, specially the SR one. Try sharpening them a little more. Ohterwise the shots are fine.

Regards,

Staffan

cfalk

Sun Jan 13, 2002 9:04 pm

Isn't this much better?

This is the result of playing with the gamma, sharpening, and finally adding some color saturation.

Cheers,

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

zhukov

Sun Jan 13, 2002 9:42 pm

Well Charles, you're right, it is much better  Big thumbs up

Can i ask you which programm you use ?

And :
Do you allow me to upload the pictures you have improved ?

Thanks a lot, Flavien

cfalk

Sun Jan 13, 2002 11:37 pm

Be my guest. I use Corel PhotoPaint 10 for the gamma and adaptive unsharpening tool. I use Thumbsplus 4.5 for all last-minute adjustments like saturation.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

zhukov

Wed Jan 16, 2002 12:30 am

Thanks Charles, the photograph you have improved has been accepted by the screeners.

I will try to learn how to use these picture programms...  Smile/happy/getting dizzy