ckw

Breezebrowser

Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:34 pm

As I indicated in my earlier post on the D30, the one thing I was not happy about was the supplied Zoombrowser software - basically, I found this cumbersome (esp. in RAW mode) and very difficult to adapt to my long standing processing - archiving workflow.

Fortunatley, in my D30 researches I came across a product called BreezeBrowser

http://www.breezesys.com/BreezeBrowser/

I downloaded it last night, and really recommend it to anyone who has issues with Zoombrowser - its fast, adapts to your way of working, and can do pretty well anything you might want to do with an image in individual or batch mode.

There is a full version for free with a file number restriction, and the full licence for $35.

For me this software is the dgi cam equivilant of Vuescan for scanners

Cheers,

Colin
Colin K. Work, Pixstel

tpk

RE: Breezebrowser

Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:13 am

Colin,

Thanks for the tip - I suspected that there had to be a better way to manage the Raw files. I've had my D30 for around 2 months and also experienced problems with the Zoombrowser. I figured it was something I was doing wrong (possibly overloading the datbase) and I've had to re-install it after crashing about four times. I'm going to check BreezeBrowser out tonight when I get home from work.

Looking forward to seeing some of your digital photos when your weather improves.

Tim