Staffan
Topic Author

Some Unique Photos To Share!

Tue Feb 12, 2002 10:43 am

Anyone seen 4 Boeing 737's in formation?
Here are some photos my dad took back in 1992. They aren't of superb quality, due to the weather, so I won't bother to upload them to a.net, but I would still like to share them with you guys!

Click here

Enjoy!

Staffan

(yes, I had my dad's permission to share them Big grin )

EGGD

RE: Some Unique Photos To Share!

Tue Feb 12, 2002 10:48 am

No matter how many times I have to tell you this, LISTEN! Upload the goddamn pictures, what have you got to lose? And if they get accepted, whoo hoo!

Dan Big grin

174thfwff

Tue Feb 12, 2002 11:12 am

THAT'S AMAZING1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, totaly awesome.

TELL HIM TO UPLOAD THOSE NOW!! Those dont have to be good quality, they are once in a life time shots.
Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten, Uptown, what now? Lets make it happen.

vafi88

Tue Feb 12, 2002 1:21 pm

Very cool, None of us will probably see that in real life, you're dad was very lucky to get it on film!
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

9V-SVE

Tue Feb 12, 2002 6:50 pm

Big thumbs up Big thumbs up Big thumbs up Big thumbs up Big thumbs up Big thumbs up

Upload them! They are Unique so don't care bout quality!  Big thumbs up

TomH

Tue Feb 12, 2002 7:22 pm

Now that is impressive! These are among the most interesting airliner images I have ever seen. What a great theme for a demo team! The pilots apparently has had some miltary training on their logbooks. I have to ask-what airline was it? Does the Water Festival take place very year, and is there always an aviation connection or just in 1992?

Great images by your dad. Now show us the shot of the vertical bomb burst!

apuneger

Tue Feb 12, 2002 8:03 pm

Amazing pictures indeed. If I were you, I'd try to upload them. As already mentioned, pictures like these don't have to be perfect (the quality of this pictures is still rather good I must say). Just upload them...I'm sure they'll get accepted. Don't forget to mention that you DIDN'T use the Clone Brush tool  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Ivan

Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography

fuairliner

Tue Feb 12, 2002 8:28 pm

Staffan,

these shots are great!!!  Love Love Love I would immediately upload them as I haven't seen any 737 formation shots here yet. They do have good chances of being accepted, although a bit of editing (especially sharpening) in Photoshop would increase these chances.

Good Luck!

Smile/happy/getting dizzy FUAirliner
(Frank Unterspann)
Frank Unterspann - Hamburg, Germany

Staffan
Topic Author

Tue Feb 12, 2002 8:56 pm

Thanks for the comments!

Tom, the airline is called Linjeflyg, a mostly regional carrier in Sweden, a few international flights too I think. They seized operations a couple of years ago (I think SAS bought them, or they were part of SAS all the time)

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Torsten Maiwald

They don't have the Water festival anymore, probably financial reasons behind it.

The year after we were there, there was an accident with a JAS 39 Gripen, luckily nobody was killed, and I think this was the end of airshows in central Stockholm (correct me if I'm wrong), because I don't remember an airshow when I was there in -94.

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Kjell nilsson

Regards,

Staffan

hkgspotter1

Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:26 pm

SEND THEM IN !!!

Fredrik Hjort

Wed Feb 13, 2002 12:12 am

I'm the only one here who have seen this then!? (I live in Stockholm). I was about 50 m away from the crash-point of the Gripen, not a fun experience... have a shot of the crash too, somewhere.

It was the end of airshows over central Stockholm. But there are airshows pretty close (thinking of the big airshow at Bromma 1998 among others, who are performed above the suburbs of Stockholm).

Last year the airforce had a fly-by over Gardet in central Stockholm to celebrate 75 years. I think it was about 10-20 aircrafts involved. However, today is nothing compared to the 50's/60's... there was an airshow at Gardet 1951 where about 300 (!) airforce aircrafts was flying (at the same time) in a roundabout above Gardet (it's a big field of gras, popular picnic place etc.). The slow props flew in the middle and the fast jet fighters at the outer edge, I wish I could have seen that!!!

About the Water Festival - it's not being arranged any more. And the airshows in connection with it was ended after the Gripen-crash.

Upload them!

/Fredrik

Bruce

Wed Feb 13, 2002 2:43 am

Let's ask the screeners. do you guys think those photos would have a chance of passing?

They are very unique shots IMO.

bruce
Bruce Leibowitz - Jackson, MS (KJAN) - Canon 50D/100-400L IS lens

EGGD

Wed Feb 13, 2002 5:30 am

Anyone seen 4 Boeing 737's in formation?

Yes!!! In fact, due to mr. O'leary we might see it more often  Big thumbs up

Dan  Smokin cool