captainmatt

You Know You Got The Bug.....

Sat Feb 23, 2002 4:30 pm

Today I went and sat around at Camarillo and Oxnard airport for a about 6 hours. It was incredible. I got to see a United Express (Flown by SkyWest) Taxi directly at me with all there lights on, with me perched behind a fence less than 50 ft away. I was giddy. I was having so much fun listening to my scanner and taking pictures today. And witnessing a near collision Less than 30 FT) between two 172's right above the runway. (once I get those pics developed ill post them up)

You know you got the bug of plane spotting and Photography, when you just see a plane, and you get excited. When you rush to get a good view of a plane, even an Insignificant cessna 152 taking off. When you see a plane taxi. When you hear the words cleared for take off on your scanner. When you see a planes landing lights on, on approach 4 miles away...........................

(You guys fill in the rest)

~Matt

RE: You Know You Got The Bug.....

Sat Feb 23, 2002 4:53 pm

United Express at CMA??? I thought they flew into Oxnard. Did they switch airports?

captainmatt

Sun Feb 24, 2002 7:33 am

THe united Express was at oxnard, I was first at Camarillo for 3 hours then I drove to Oxnard, and watched the EMB 120 and all the other little planes for a while.
Matt

captainmatt

Tue Feb 26, 2002 2:26 pm

The next day You arms are sore, from hold your camera up for hours.
Matt