VgnAtl747
Topic Author

Photo Enlargment Services...?

Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:49 am

I have a panoramic photograph that I would like to enlarge to a panoramic poster. It's not an aviation photograph, but rather a photo of the Presidential palace I took while on vacation in Berlin. I thought that the photographers in this forum might know where I can take it to get it enlarger. The original size is approximately 10" x 4". I want to enlarge it to be something in the area of 36" wide (remaining proportional of course). I have been looking on the internet for a company capable of doing this. Any suggestions? If anybody has had something similar done, and you don't mind sharing how much it cost, I'd be curious.
I have one minor problem and that is that I don't have a negative. The photo was taken with a Kodak APS camera, and I do however have the canister. So maybe I can send the company the canister or the print itself.
Thanks for your help.
Mike
Work Hard. Fly Right. Continental Airlines

Staffan

RE: Photo Enlargment Services...?

Mon Apr 15, 2002 2:15 am

I'd take it in to a photo shop, they'd be able to give you more info on how to do, and what it wil cost you. However, the lense and the small format of the APS film will limit how big it can be enlarged, and how good it will look. Might not even be worth enlarging it.

However, I'd go to a shop and ask if they can do it and what it would cost, and decide from there.

Staffan

VgnAtl747
Topic Author

RE: Photo Enlargment Services...?

Mon Apr 15, 2002 5:36 am

Thanks. The developer said that they can enlarge it so its 15" wide, but I was looking into companies that print murals and stuff. I got some replies from some of them saying they scan the print then enlarge that. I'm starting to be unsure over the whole thing though. I don't want to pay $80 to have a mural company do it then have it look like crap. Thats why I asked if anyone had something similar done. Thanks for your comment.
Work Hard. Fly Right. Continental Airlines