triley1057

Question From A Beginner

Mon Apr 15, 2002 2:10 pm

Hi guys
I am interested in buying a decent camera and need some advice. What would be the best camera for me to buy? Not just for plane photography but for other things as well. If possible, I would like to spend around $300 US. I'm completely clueless, help! I am looking for just a very good simple camera with a good lense, something that I can really learn with. Thanks in advance.

hisham

RE: Question From A Beginner

Mon Apr 15, 2002 3:37 pm

I had to make this decision last year. I got a used canon rebel G with 2 lenses (35-80mm, 80-200mm) for about $350. I'm very happy with it. You may want to get the latest model (Rebel 2000) for a little more. It has a better metering and autofocus system.
Look at ebay.com.

Hisham.

Craigy

Mon Apr 15, 2002 5:33 pm

Hi Thomas,

The Rebel 2000 (EOS 300 in Europe) is a top notch camera for that price range. It has 7 point autofocus and 35 zone evaluative metering. If possible, go for the USM lenses.

Nikon F65 is worth a look too. Whatever system you choose now, you will probably stick with for lens compatibility.

I find this an excellent site.
http://www.photographyreview.com/pscCameras/35mm/PLS_3105crx.aspx

Craig.

CcrlR

Tue Apr 16, 2002 11:12 am

Mabye you could go to WalMart or a store that sells SLR cameras and get one at a bargain. Just check sores like Best Buy, Circut City, or other stores like those I mentioned. WalMart has a cheap Canon EOS Rebel X for $199.00. They also have Nikon and the Canon EOS Rebel 2000.
"He was right, it is a screaming metal deathtrap!"-Cosmo (from the Fairly Oddparents)