Topic Author

Air Twobob New Livery

Wed Apr 17, 2002 5:45 pm

Have any of the MAN guys managed to shoot the Air 2000 new livery as yet?

I know its on their "new" 757 G-CPEP, but im not sure if its been delivered as yet, apparently only tail feathers are different.

RE: Air Twobob New Livery

Wed Apr 17, 2002 10:26 pm

I hung around MAN until the light disappeared at 8pm on Monday. It was due 18.00, then 19.40, but no show.  Sad
I'm disappointed that you say it is only the tail that is different. I was hoping for a First Choice Holidays brochure type scheme, bright yellow with coloured splodges.

RE: Air Twobob New Livery

Wed Apr 17, 2002 11:35 pm

G-CPEP arrived at MAN on Monday night and was towed into the Monarch hangar about 0830 on Tuesday morning and is still in there as I type this. The tail is stuck out of the hangar doors and as Paul said it is this that has changed the most, a pink star splodge on a turquoise background taken from the First Choice logo that appears on the current Air 2000 livery. The rest of the livery looked very similar to me when I saw the aircraft from a distance just as it was towed into the hangar! The cheat line looked very similar but seemed to follow a curve behind the wing rather than following the fueslage windows. Also the titles looked to be in a different font. Hopefully it will be in service within a few days and I'll try and upload a shot, if one of the other MAN regulars doesn't beat me to it!!

All opinions stated above are my own, not my Companys'