SH@VIE
Topic Author

Photos Rejected - Suggestions?

Tue Jun 25, 2002 7:33 pm

Hey!

I currently uploaded two pictures:

http://www.flugzeugbilder.de/show.cgi?1024659687:VIE
http://www.flugzeugbilder.de/show.cgi?1024587670:VIE

Both were rejected by quality reasons. What should I do to improve this pictures. I use Paint Shop Pro.

Thanks very much for your suggestions and comments!

-stephan-

PH-OTO

RE: Photos Rejected - Suggestions?

Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:09 pm

Stephan,

The LOT photo was taken in bad weather. Considering the plane is quite common in the database it means that acceptance criteria are high for these pictures. Overall the picture quality is reasonable, considering the conditions, but it could be sharper.

The same goes for the Austrian F70, although it is a bit better. I do not like the angle of this shot, but this is personal. Don't waste film when there's no sun. In my view there's little you can do to make these shots better, simply because you need sun to make them shine!

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Martin Boschhuizen
Look very closely between the lines of this message, and you will see the captain beating up the jumpseater

PRM

RE: Photos Rejected - Suggestions?

Wed Jun 26, 2002 11:58 pm

Stephan,

The LOT shot seems fine overall to me, although rather dark - and like Martin has said there are many shots in better weather conditions in the database which has affected the chance of acceptance for this one.

As for the Austrian F70 - the light is better, and the angle is ok for me, but seems generally a bit 'soft' - the underside of the fuselage especially. Could try and sharpen this up, although this will probably be at expense of increasing the grain.

Unless you're not at your home airport or shooting a special subject, then it is probably best to avoid shooting too much in dull conditions.

Paul