LOT767-300ER
Topic Author

Need Help On A Reject.

Fri Jul 26, 2002 9:33 am

Hmmm guys I just need a bit of advice on this

http://airliners.net/addphotos/rejections/big/716.jpg

Rejected for bad exposure....perhaps take away some brightness? Or is this photo done with?

MDL_777

RE: Need Help On A Reject.

Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:11 pm

I think taking away some brightness would be the opposite of what you should do, because it looks as if the "bad exposure" refers to the picture being dark overall, due to the overcast conditions as lack of direct light, especially when you include the gray fuselage of the UAL Airbus. If anything, you need to increase the brightness if you can, without washing out the image. You can try to adjust the levels for the whole picture, or just isolate the aircraft and adjust the levels. That may help.

I like the shot; it's a nice "atmosphere" shot. But I think the general preference is for shots in almost ideal light conditions, so even if you do brighten it up a bit, they may kick it back for aesthetic reasons.

Michael L
(fellow Polish aviation photographer  Big thumbs up )

LOT767-300ER
Topic Author

Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:29 pm

Yea I know.

The clouds are the problem.

It looks both under and over exposed......

I will fight with this tomorrow lol....im too tired right now.

BTW the more Polak photographers the better!

Smile

res

Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:39 pm

Maybe a bit too much blue or cyan in the picture. maybe adding a bit of magenta will work?? I know my C-700's favorite color seems to be blue  Smile/happy/getting dizzy I have to change the variations every so often when editing pics.
-Tim
FLY NAVY

dee-see-eit

Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:25 pm

Hi LOT,

I was the screener who rejected some of your photos. I know that its difficult to fix the exposure on that image. Michael is right when he says that the rejection is more for the overall dark image (overcast + United colors) then for the exposure itself, but we don't have that rejection reason...

In general I would recomend to try not to shoot common aircraft during bad weather conditions. If the image shows something interesting or new, we can easier make exceptions.

Regards
Marlo

Skymonster

Fri Jul 26, 2002 8:04 pm

Hi,

Not trying to be overly critical, but there are times and pictures that its just not worth the effort trying to rescue. To be honest, whilst it looks sharp (within the limitations of my current laptop screen) aesthetically it isn't that great a picture. I'd recommend you just move on.

Andy
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots

LGW

Fri Jul 26, 2002 10:39 pm

Harsh as Andy may have sounded, I agree. Maybe if it where a different angle of maybe a bit mopre of a rare or interesting plane such as maybe a 747 etc maybe worth it but I agree with andy..move on

LGW

LOT767-300ER
Topic Author

Sat Jul 27, 2002 3:13 am

I agree I agree.

I gave it a rest lol. I do agree with you Andy and Marlo.

Thanx guys just wanted a second opinion.