planeboy

Virtual Reality...

Sat Aug 10, 2002 2:20 pm

Hello,

I am looking for feedback on this photo. In a certain way I like it...

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Glenn Alderton

But - in another way - well, it looks a bit "cold" as digital sometimes can. Glenn has been putting up some amazing photos recently on this site. This image is amazing in itself. However, I don't quite know what to think of this one.

I like it - kinda "virtual" in appearance.

What do yall think about this one?

res

RE: Virtual Reality...

Sat Aug 10, 2002 3:28 pm

It surely seems to have been sharpened a lot. When I first saw the photo a couple days ago, Glenn was not in my mind as the photographer...I was so used to seeing his .... telescope-like shots  Smile the only thing i notice in the photo as being "virtual" is maybe the lighting on the fuse. There's sunlight and shadows from the clouds...this adds different values, obviously.
-Tim
FLY NAVY

Glenn

RE: Virtual Reality...

Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:19 pm

Yeah I concur, It is one that I thought about to. I discussed it with another photographer and he came to the same conclusion as I that it was a bit oversharpened. However if it wasn't sharpened it would probably have looked worse. The black line on the leading edge is also a worry but there it is  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

If it wasn't for the Vortices coming from the engine, I may not have uploaded it, Btw, it is not sharpened a lot, only once as is the case with 90% of the way I produce the image.

Cheers

Glenn