N178UA
Topic Author

Great! Just Got My 500th Pic Accepted!

Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:29 pm

Hi guys

I am very happy today to make the 500th mark. The B-HOX photo was the 500th.--The one I tried a few times to get on, but finally on now. Not the best action shot I have and far from the real ones I have seen, didn't find any other shots to get uploaded..anyway

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Sam Chui

I remembered my humble start with only 2 pic in the database for 1 yr or so back in 2000 because don't have good scanner, equipments....

View Large View Medium

Photo © Sam Chui

Thanks for you guys support over last 1.5 yr
Sam
For more of myself and my flight reviews visit http://www.SamChui.com

OH-LZA

RE: Great! Just Got My 500th Pic Accepted!

Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:10 pm

Congratulations, Sam!

Alexander who still has 487 to go until 500.

Skymonster

Sun Aug 18, 2002 12:29 am

Damn, something must be going wrong if we finally let you get that one in Sam!!! Big grin Big grin

But seriously, congrats.

Andy
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots

andyhunt
Crew

Sun Aug 18, 2002 12:36 am

Sam,

Congrats, I pushed through your 500th shot..................seeing as you titled it your 500th, I would have felt bad rejecting it.............so I gave it priority.

Andrew
Full frame always beats post processing

N178UA
Topic Author

Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:25 am

Thanks Andrew. I am glad you help me to accept that, for me it is still hard to believe to get 500 now (I don't upload every single Regs.) and of course something to celebrate. A year ago or so, I only can remember I have less than 50 or so and they are mostly prints uploaded, because I don't have a slide scanner. Now looking back, I came through a long way

I evaluate Airliners.net community highly, I made some friends, exchanges of slides and information through this site, and photo sales..., this site helps every photographer to improve his sight in photography, I believe everyone get the positive externality from here.

A happy user-Sam

ghost77

Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:46 pm

Hello Sam,

I really respect your work, and the way you travel all around the world!!! Specially that you like to move in all America and in your trips you just not only spot at the US you also take into consideration many other countries!!

Keep comming those great pictures from... SYD, LAX, MAD, BCN, GRU, MEX, LAS, HND, ATH, MIA, ORD, AEP, SCL, etc, etc!

Greetings from Mexico City

Ur friend

Ricardo Morales  Smile
Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

Alaskaairlines

Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:51 pm

Congrats Sam!

Hey, I see you travel all over the place, you ever going to hit ANC any time soon?

-Dmitry

N178UA
Topic Author

Sun Aug 18, 2002 3:17 pm

Hi Richard

Thanks for your nice words. From day one I like to go to America, both North and South......I am looking a later date to visit US (Nevada and Florida) and South America again, this time will be about Southern Patagonia and Bariloche, Argentina (just the superb secenry, lake crossing etc..) Bolivia and Peru (the planes!) and I am currently learning Spanish in a language school, but doubt will ever get pass...... Will hit Asia intensively in Jan03 when the time is cooler and sunny weather appears. If you ever need any help, just email me.  Smile

And Dmitry--for ANC, still remains a dream at the moment (those nice snowy mountains and UPS MD11F!!), keep sending your K64 shots in!!

Sam

ghost77

Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:23 pm

Well if you need some help one day with your spanish I´ll be very glad to help you!!

En serio, para cualquier cosa aqui estamos pendientes!!!

Saludos,

Ricardo  Smile

Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

hias

Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:16 pm

Congrats Sam,

all the best for the future

Mathias
www.spotter.de.vu
mathias.henig@gmx.de

BO__einG

Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:54 pm

Well Done Sam! That 500th shot is just Amazing! Boy I wish my tinky city of Calgary had Cathay service. I'd be just as excited as you or any other photographer if HOX or HOY came in.  Smile

Ahh I also noticed that your first shot is of a Korean airline. Big grin I am Korean, so Woo Hoo to me!  Laugh out loud(Although the operator is actually North Korean and I am South Korean; it does not matter to me as long as it's just Korean)

I also surpassed my 250th photo mark earlier today. I may be just half of what you have, but I will catch up like a Rice Rocket within a few months. Hopefully before 20003.

BObo's photo ID #250:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Bo Kim

As a matter of fact: I never anticipated that this would be my 250th cuz I thought it would be rejected, so I prepared to reupload it again. But instead it got HQ'ed and added! W00t!

Bo

Follow @kimbo_snaps on Instagram or bokimon- on Flickr to see more pics of me and my travels.

PUnmuth@VIE

Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:31 pm

Hi!
@Bo:
"...a Rice Rocket within a few months. Hopefully before 20003."
That should be easy possible because thats more than 18000 years from now on Big grin Good luck
But I think you can manage that also in the next 4 months

And if you should have a improved Version of the Air Force One shot, remember you can always use the Reupload feature
http://www.airliners.net/reupload/
but only if its really the same shot.

Peter

-

COPA737

Tue Aug 20, 2002 9:19 am

Sam,

Congratulations for your great work.. Especially those shots from SCL that are excellent..

Hope to see you in a Central American trip..

Wish you all the best,

Felipe
Panamá Crece y Copa Airlines crece con Panamá!

BO__einG

Tue Aug 20, 2002 3:58 pm

Hehe Peter.
Just wait and see! in 18000 years I will have as much photos as the total database on airliners.net! Over 250 000 pictures all by me!  Laugh out loud
I will surpass ALL of you and laugh.. yes.

Anyways, with this possible improved version: I am going to take another look and see if I can make it look better than the one already added. If I can make enough of a difference, I will upload away.
I'm just kinda worried that the existing one may be too bright and has noise under the wings. (just like a few of my other ones that got rejected.)

Bo
Follow @kimbo_snaps on Instagram or bokimon- on Flickr to see more pics of me and my travels.

N178UA
Topic Author

Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:03 pm

Now Bo, here is one for you, my South Korean Buddy, possibly the prettiest A300 around

Shot by?? From my slide collection