I just uploaded this photo:

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/big/ready/DL732.jpg

It looks better on my desktop...dunno

Anyway..will it get accepted?

AA 777
Matt
CRJ-700 FO

Shawn Patrick

RE: Just Uploaded This Photo...Any Good?

Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:10 pm

Unfortunately Matt, this photo will not make it into the database. Bad angle, it seems "hazy", bad crop.

Suggestions:

1. Crop closer to the plane. There is nothing of interest in the sky so it doesn't lend itself to the composition of the photo unless you're conveying an alternate message, ie. the plane is very small. Besides, unless it is a really good shot, airliners.net doesn't typically accept "impression" or "artistic" shots like that.

2. Increase the contrast. This will make the photo less "hazy", of course at a slight loss of detail.

3. Increase saturation slightly, but not to the point that grain begins to appear.

4. Play around with sharpening, it might help.

-Shawn

sunilgupta

Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:32 am

Matt,

Before you start worrying about uploading pictures you should concentrate on your photo skills. I’m saying this in the most honest and sincerest way; so please don’t take it the wrong way.

One of the most important things to work on would be composition: try to frame the aircraft better… for example filling more of the viewfinder. Don’t stand under the aircraft; the side is more interesting (but this is a subjective issue).

Always shoot with the sun behind your back (unless you are going for a particular effect). For this shot, it looks like the sun was on the other side of the aircraft.

Hope this helps.

Sunil

PUnmuth@VIE

Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:39 am

Hi!
I think it will be rejected as badblurry and baddistance.
Peter
-

Alaskaairlines

Sat Aug 24, 2002 5:35 am

Sorry my man, but that one won't make it. It seems to be way to soft.

Keep trying and you will accomplish!

-Dmitry