embraer145

I Am Looking For Advise.....

Sat Aug 31, 2002 7:20 am

Hello everybody.

Can someone with experience tell me what is the best scanner to scan my negatives of my pictures. Is this the same as a slide scanner or is it something completely different.

I hope somebody can give me some advice.

Regards

Aart Langevoort
Almere, Holland
DAI - Dutch Aviation Images.

PH-OTO

RE: I Am Looking For Advise.....

Sat Aug 31, 2002 7:46 am

Aart,

What do you want to do? Upload your pictures to A.net? In that case a negative/slide scanner is the minimum given the current standards here.

Any slide scanner will scan negatives, with the main advantage that quality is way better than flatbed scanners (with or without negative adapter).

Good negative scanner at reasonable prices are the Hewlett-Packard S20 PhotoSmart and the Minolta Dimâge Scan Dual II. Great results can be achieved with the Nikon Coolscan IV or 4000ED, but they come at a price. However I'm not too sure how long you can meet the quality standards should you buy the HP or Minolta; it's getting harder every month to upload non digital pics.

Check out this site for reviews of all scanners and determine what fits your budget and standards:http://www.pcphotoreview.com/pscScanners/Film,Scanner/PLS_3126crx.aspx
I'll be happy to give some more advice if you need some.

Kind regards

Martin Boschhuizen
Look very closely between the lines of this message, and you will see the captain beating up the jumpseater

embraer145

RE: I Am Looking For Advise.....

Sat Aug 31, 2002 8:15 am

Thanks Martin

Drop me a line by e-mail. My e-mail adres is in my member profile. Yoy can do that in Dutch.

By the way check my site also, there you can find the complete history of each airliner ever build: www.airlinerlist.com (also direct link by the member profile)

rgds Aart
DAI - Dutch Aviation Images.