kaitak

Names To Photos - Potential Problems?

Sun Sep 15, 2002 6:21 pm

Just looking at the very fine QF 744ER shots (on the home page), I just wondered if posting names to photos could cause problems, particularly at airports where photos were either strongly discouraged or illegal (and somehow I doubt Boeing would be too happy with these, as nice as they are).

Unfortunately, there is still (perhaps even more now) a body of opinion which suggests photography is a "suspicious" activity and following that line, it might well be an option for such people to compile lists of photographers. Am I being too paranoid here?

To take an extreme example, I wouldn't like my name attached to a photo of an LY 777 at TLV! But the same thing could potentially happen in the US.

Furthermore, have there been instances where prized locations have been sealed off, following the publication of photos?

2912n

RE: Names To Photos - Potential Problems?

Sun Sep 15, 2002 10:20 pm

I think you are being paranoid. Certainly security around airports knows where people take photos from. For the most part those places that have been closed off not becuase of photography, but because they offer easy access and/or good views of the airport, prime threat areas.

The only time I have been around Boeing Field was at the museum. I stood out in front with my camera and no one said a word. Of course they might get a little irritated if you are shooting the stuff they have half hidden by fences in some of the secure areas.

Whats wrong with having your name attatched to something?

jwenting

Sun Sep 15, 2002 11:04 pm

Íf you don't want to be known as having been there, don't tell anyone you have been there.
Simple as that. If I go somewhere I'm not supposed to (and that's a big IF, I try to stay within the law) I''m not going around publishing the photos I took there, unless the location cannot be derived from the photo.
I wish I were flying

EGFF

Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:46 am

If they didn't want you to take pics of there planes they would get security to clear the photographers away, your too paranoid  Big grin
Take care ...
EGFF
All together or not at all

clickhappy

Tue Sep 17, 2002 10:59 am

where Chris took those Qantas 747ER pics is in the parking lot of a Sherrifs office, and 50 feet from a firestation. They could care less....