2912n
Topic Author

New York Institute Of Photography

Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:17 pm

I have recently gotten several solicitations for correspondence classes offered by the New York Institute of Photography. Does anyone have any comments/info about them? Is this something worth trying/paying for? (don't have time to take classes at a "real" school....)

Thanks for any input...Tony

thomasphoto60

RE: New York Institute Of Photography

Tue Sep 17, 2002 7:47 pm

Are these guys still around ?.....I remember seeing these ads from NYIOP in publications like Modern Photography and Popular Photography waaaaaayyy back in the 70s and 80s. While I do not know much about these guys other than what I have seen in their ads (which is not very impressive), I would suggest that if you are really interested in learning the nuts and bolts of photography, then a correspondence course is NOT the way to go. In other words find some time in your busy schedule to take some non-credit courses at a local community college. Interacting with your fellow classmates and instructors, is something that no correspondence school can ever touch and I am willing to wager that it will be a whole lot cheaper.

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"

scottysair

Tue Sep 17, 2002 10:41 pm

Yeah, Thomas!

I'm thinking about I will take a classes at the college as for the photographers and etc to do by the near of future. I will learned to do something as for myself and Will be very good as for your classes and etc to do. Well, later!

2912n
Topic Author

Wed Sep 18, 2002 2:00 am

Thomas, The last thing I want to do is interact with people. Yech!  Smile

Thanks for the info

T.

thomasphoto60

Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:29 am

T, I know what you mean, I feel the same way at times.  Wink/being sarcastic

Thomas