mirage

How To Improve This Photo?

Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:23 pm

"Don't forget to visit our Aviation Photography forum, where you can discuss photo equipment and technics with other photographers as well as ask them for constructive critique on your photos."

http://www.pbase.com/image/6092092/original

I had this photo rejected for low quality. In fact it's not the best but it was at 600mm wich will give me always a grainy photo and a very reduced depth of field. Anyone has ideas about what can I do to improve this photo?

thanks
Luis

Shawn Patrick

RE: How To Improve This Photo?

Mon Oct 21, 2002 12:54 am

If it was rejected for badscan, it was probably because they didn't want to tell you it was baddistance, and badestetic. Even if you manage to fix the quality issues, I still don't think it would make it in, IMO. I wouldn't really waste time to try to fix it.

mirage

Mon Oct 21, 2002 2:53 am

Thanks Shawn, I'm mentally getting used to the idea of loosing this one. It's something very different from my usual photos so I'm very influenced to like it.

What about this one?

http://www.airliners.net/procphotos/rejphoto.main?filename=ptm11.jpg

I can't improve the scan quality but could it be worth to change contrast or colors density or anything else?

Luis

Jan Mogren

Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:47 am

Whoop whoop Pull up Pull up!!!!  Wink/being sarcastic
/JM
AeroPresentation - Airline DVD's filmed in High Definition

mirage

Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:58 am

Belive it or not Jan, I was going to write exactly that "Whoop whoop Pull up Pull up!!!!" on the comments field  Smile but I decided not to because some people take the photographer comments very seriously.

Anyway, I really would like to have this one accepted, any screener ideas to improve it? I don't want to waste your time guys.

thanks
Luis

ghost77

Mon Oct 21, 2002 5:53 am

For me quality is fine... got no Idea how to improve the photo Luis, anyway I just love the angle and the photo!!!

Very nice!

ghost77  Smile

Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!