lennymuir

Horizon? The Reference Point? An Example...

Thu Oct 31, 2002 7:59 am

Have a look at this one. "Angle of the camera etc etc"
( BTW, I am not going to appeal. )

You win some, you lose some ( who loses  Wink/being sarcastic hee hee! )
I don't get many rejects, so I've got no problems sharing this one with you.
The 'other' site rejected it too, Well well, I wonder who? Are you reading this young man?  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

http://airliners.net/procphotos/rejphoto.main?filename=ec-hjq-edi-26-10-2002-f707.jpg

Check the trees. If I had the camera at a bad angle, they should be leaning to the left, shouldn't they? Take a note of the ones, especially at the right hand side, actually leaning slightly to the right.

We've had a heck of a lot of rain here recently and don't forget, it's the rain here that makes our whisky, so it they're leaning slightly to one side, that's okay!  Big thumbs up

You might also have noticed I didn't put a 'comment' in the remarks field to state that the pilot
...dived at the last minute to get onto the runway...
which he/she did do actually. The visual approach wasn't very good. Those of use watching/shooting that B737 did remark that his/her landing was very dodgy to say the least. (I wasn't listening to the radio, so the gender of the co/pilot is unknown)  Wink/being sarcastic  Wink/being sarcastic

If I added a comment, would it make any difference?

Anyway, I won't straighten and resubmit it either, that would be cheating!

Cheers!

Gerry

The quality does look a bit iffy too... hmm....

JeffM

RE: Horizon? The Reference Point? An Example...

Thu Oct 31, 2002 1:11 pm

Gerry,
In my opinion as a viewer of the photo, a comment about the 'dive' would explain the somewhat un-natural approach angle. Sometimes a little explanation of the situation adds to the photo. I liked it.

v/r
Jeff

gerardo

Thu Oct 31, 2002 9:36 pm

Scary, to say the least  Wow! !

I agree with Jeff, a little bit more info would help the screeners (possibly) and certainly the viewer.

Gerardo
dominguez(dash)online(dot)ch ... Pushing the limits of my equipment

cfalk

Thu Oct 31, 2002 9:45 pm

That's a tough one. Without a reference, it's hard to justify the angle. If there had been a light pole, or a few good tree trunks, it would have helped. Of course, an explanation in the remarks would probably have swung the benefit of the doubt to your favor.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

EGGD

Fri Nov 01, 2002 1:24 am

Looks like some of the trees are not vertical. But I trust your judgment  Big grin. It does look, to a screener, that the scenery and the land and the aircraft are heading the same way, and that the photo musn't be straight.

lennymuir

Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:54 am

I like your comment Charles : 'a few good tree trunks'  Big thumbs up

I'll try a repeat of that shot during the winter (very very soon) once those trees have dropped their leaves....

Cheers

Gerry