apuneger

Do You Think This One Could Make It?

Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:12 am

Hi,

Do you think this one could make it to the database? I know, the quality is not that great, the major part covering the picture is, well, air, and it's rather dark. But I think it's a nice composition.

click on image to enlarge

As a matter of fact, this one shows 3 aircraft on finals for LHR's RWY 09L, two weeks ago. I don't remember the BAe/Avro operator , but the Jumbo in the middle is an Air Canada one if you're interested.

So, what do you think? Should I bother and upload it, or just keep it for myself and just upload a bunch of other nice pics I took that same, rainy day (October 20th 2002).

Ivan
Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography

vaman

RE: Do You Think This One Could Make It?

Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:16 am

I'm going to be frank with you and say I seriosly doubt that will make it in. It was a good idea though, but lighting didn't seem quite right.

Logan

apuneger

Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:18 am

Vaman:

Thanks for the comment. I'll wait for some other comments before I decide wether to upload it or not. And, don't be sorry for your comment. I appreciate it a lot. Too bad the weather wasn't that good, but hey, man still hasn't invented some sort of weather machine.

Since I don't go to LHR every now and then, I'll have to try something like this at BRU, but I'll wait for some blue sky. Deal?  Big thumbs up

Ivan

2912n

Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:44 am

I would say it is a no go. Personally I like the dark sky, but the a/c are still too far out and the symetry is wrong. I know it is beyond your control, just like the weather, but if the a/c were evenly spaced across the shot it would be much more pleasing. As it is the mechanics are just not right.

But thats just my 2 cents.

Tony

KG4IKI

Sat Nov 02, 2002 10:15 am

Well here is one of mine that is kinda simliar to it, and it made it in so you never know. There does seem to be quite a bit of dead space in there, however.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Chris Starnes

Chris

vaman

Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:10 am

Chris,

In yours the colors are much more paletable and vivid. The sky color is also much more pleasing and the aircraft is sharper. The colors in your make it special and this it was uploaded. There is more clarity in the backround planes as well as more impact caused by a head on queue of approaching aircraft. Yours also shows the U type shape of the approach line when looked head on. That is why your pic is more "uploadable."

again not trying to sound harsh just matter of fact  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Logan

Sabena 690

Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:14 pm

Hi Ivan,

Very nice composition, but I'm afraid it's too dark  Sad

The Avro coming is an Air France I think, a BAe146-100?

Regards,
Frederic

apuneger

Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:06 pm

Thanks for the comments guys. I'll just keep this one for myself Big grin

Ivan