AA 777
Topic Author

D-60 Replacement

Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:45 am

What will be the D-60's replacement? Does anyone have the specs on it yet?

AA 777
Matt
CRJ-700 FO

joe pries

RE: D-60 Replacement

Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:58 am

the D60 is getting alot of play here lately- it seems as if alot of folks deem it to be inadequate perhaps and are looking forward to a replacement. I dont get it- huge 6.5MP and it allows you to do magical things that you cant do with film cameras- im quite pleased with it and if a replacement came tomorrow I wouldnt necessarily jump on it, especially given cost issues. The D60 is a fine fine machine.

Joe

JeffM

Mon Nov 11, 2002 1:06 am

Joe,
People will always be looking for the next best thing. I have done some careful scrutiny of the three contenders, (D60/30, S2, D1), and I feel the edge goes to the D60. The main difference being that CMOS sensor. I just don't see the same things coming from the S2, and the D1, but they are fine cameras in their own right. Must be the sensor.

Joe, I saw some pictures you shot down in Colorado Springs a few years back, when are you going to make another appearance here in the Denver area? Ski season is looking very good! Couple of feet of fresh snow just this weekend!

v/r
Jeff

joe pries

Mon Nov 11, 2002 1:24 am

Jeff,
that was in 97 for the Airliners International Convention and I had a blast at that show, it was really great especially with WestPac coming in and out all day. Next show is CMH and i'll be there for that one, then LAX in 2004- I follow the show wherever it goes, given that Westpac is gone from COS, i dont know when the show may return there- with Westpac gone, the attracion is not quite there- now Frontier at DEN- thats another story, a trip to clip the entire frontier fleet would certainly be in order  Big grin

Joe

JeffM

Mon Nov 11, 2002 1:45 am

Joe,

"..Frontier at DEN- thats another story, a trip to clip the entire frontier fleet would certainly be in order..."

That's a tough one. I've been trying, working on getting the schedule/routes down so I can get the ones I don't have. Nothing at all going on at COS. I go there every other week just to check, nadda, zip, zilch.

Jeff