boeingholiday

Help With Rejected Picture - Why?

Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:38 pm

Hello Airliners!

I just got the last rejection, by the way, out of a couple  Wink/being sarcastic

I don't know how to improve something here, maybe you could help me out here?

http://airliners.net/procphotos/rejphoto.main?filename=22close.jpg

It was rejected 'caused by "BadMotiv", however, I mean, I'm not able to change the weather or put a cloud in front of the sun to get reflections away! I was happy enough to get in the cockpit and make this nice photo - but - he- In my point of view we should be glad enough that somebody had the chance to capture this view!  Sad

I really don't want to increase answers of annoyed people, I really want to learn something about my mistakes!  Big thumbs up

Thanks all, best regards, Markus - Austria

ake0404ar

RE: Help With Rejected Picture - Why?

Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:59 pm

One word or actually two words: window reflection!

That is why I would have rejected it, if I had been a screener!

If I were you I would have choose a winde angle shot....window reflection would have not been that obvious then and the runway would still have been visible. Maybe also use flash the next time.

Vasco

siggi757

Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:06 pm

How can a flash help when shooting through a window?

I am asking as a beginner. My experience is that flash usually makes things worse when shooting through glass.

Great picture!!! although the reflection in the window is a drag.  Smile

apuneger

Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:45 am

Yup. Window reflections are a killer...Too bad, because it's a great shot. Next time, ask the Captain if you may lower the window to take a pic Big grin

Ivan
Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography

boeingholiday

Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:06 am

I also think that using a flash is not that good thing when shooting through windows, this sort or another  Wink/being sarcastic

I just thought: There was nothing I actually could do, although that may be the best result under this conditions - so why reject it?  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
same with this one: http://airliners.net/procphotos/rejphoto.main?filename=24cockpit2.jpg

I also don't know why this one was so bad:
http://airliners.net/procphotos/rejphoto.main?filename=24cockpit2.jpg

Wink/being sarcastic

clickhappy

Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:25 am

well, so what if they weren't accepted! You got a chance to fly up front, and have the pictures to prove it. That is a pretty cool thing. Enjoy the memories, and the pictures  Smile

boeingholiday

Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:02 am

Royal, you're absolutely right, however everybody here wants to share his memories and pictures with other around the world  Big thumbs up
here's the other link:
http://airliners.net/procphotos/rejphoto.main?filename=33cloudy.jpg
Accepted or not - doesn't that look "freezing"?  Wink/being sarcastic

JeffM

Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:30 am

Markus,

In the last picture, if you had used "fill flash" while metering off the sky, you would have been able to capture the instruments, and view out the windscreen. Careful angle selection would prevent the flash from producing glare from the windscreen glass.

v/r
Jeff

ckw

Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:43 am

however everybody here wants to share his memories and pictures with other around the world

Sorry, if that's why you're uploading to A.net, you're in the wrong place. If you want to share memories and specifically YOUR pics, then please use a photo album site. A.net is about building a database of quality aviation images - who takes the picture is, from the site's point of view, pretty much irrelevant. Pictures are screened solely on the basis of how they contribute to the site as a whole - whether they have any particular meaning to an individual photographer is not a consideration.

This site has a specific purpose - if you try and use it for a different purpose, you'll just end up frustrated.

Cheers,

Colin
Colin K. Work, Pixstel