ake0404ar

Getting Really Tired Of This......

Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:08 am

I already know what you guys will say, hold your breath and let me speak first:

Almost every shot is getting rejected for either being too soft or low image quality or whatever......seems my work is really going downhill.......

I know I can appeal but still would like to get some comments

I uploaded this shot about 20 min ago and having looked at the original image it kind a looked tilted, therefore I used the poles and the facility door / lines in the back as my landmark and rotated the image a little.

Guess what....it was rejected for badcamera angle.

This is the original rejected image
http://www.airliners.net/procphotos/rejphoto.main?filename=LH300_MUC_11082002.jpg

and this one with some grid lines, so you tell me.

I check the image over and over again.

Do I need glasses .....

Vasco G.

PH-OTO

RE: Getting Really Tired Of This......

Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:17 am

Vasco,

Screeners don't use gridlines, and if you look at the tips of the tailplanes, the left one is closer to the top than the right one. I guess that's why it was rejected.

I always try to rotate it so that it looks straight and I don't really care if it really is gridlinewise. Hope it helps, if you reupload it should have a chance I guess. Oh, I like the shot by the way!

Martin Boschhuizen
Look very closely between the lines of this message, and you will see the captain beating up the jumpseater

EGGD

Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:28 am

Sorry Vasco but it is clearly not level, open a new window and then minimize it to make it a window, then put it across in line with the roof of the building in the background, or the vertical stabalizers or the lines you've put over the wings, they clearly don't line up.

Rotate 1-1.5 degrees anti-clockwise and that will sort it.

Shawn Patrick

Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:40 am

You can't really go by the lines on the building in the background. Those are such short segments that you wont be able to tell if there is rotation. If you were to extend THOSE lines, you'd see that you're 1-3º rotated, and that's quite a bit of rotation.

Just for future reference

KingWide

Fri Nov 29, 2002 8:20 am

It's way out. Put the lines on the terminal building in the background. All your reference lines are on the aircraft. As the rejection reason says, the camera must be level with the horizon not the aircraft.

J
Jason Taperell - AirTeamImages

Carlos Borda

Fri Nov 29, 2002 8:25 am

FYI- Just in case you have it read it yet...

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/site_related/read.main/6320/

Some interesting reading going on in there regarding these types of posts. I normally only read and contribute to the "aviation photography" forum (to much to read, and so little time to read it all) so I'm not up to date with some of the ongoings in the other forums.

~Los

ake0404ar

Fri Nov 29, 2002 5:53 pm

Thanks guys,

you are absolutely correct with your evaluation.....Upon checking the image again I admit that the rejection reason was ok.

Having scanned this last night, I guess my eyes were tired.

Will rescan, rotate and upload again.

Vasco

ckw

Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:38 pm

It is a real pleasure to see someone coming back and saying that the screeners were correct afterall - not to prove that screeners are always right (we aren't), but to demonstrate how even a respected photographer like Vasco can make a mistake in evaluating their own shots.

This is nice to see - someone complaining about a rejection, some comments made and the photographer actually listening to what was said and taking appropriate action.

Net result ... thanks to screener intervention and helpful feedback, Vasco should end up with a better representation of his work on A.net. Everyone wins.

Cheers,

Colin
Colin K. Work, Pixstel

Granite

Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:06 pm

Hi all

Someone saying the screeners are right.............is there a Blue Moon tonight  Smile

Regards

Gary Watt
Aberdeen, Scotland

ake0404ar

Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:42 pm

I guess we are all adults enough to admit when mistakes are made....screeners and photographers!

Afterall we depend on each other!

Colin summed it up pretty well. Could not have said it better!

Gotta admit, I checked the image multible times before uploading and something seemed wrong, but could not figure out what it was.

I kind of got distracted since I orientated myself at the bulding lines in the back. My mistake.

I rotated the image this morning and it looks a lot better.

Should I say thank you to the screener who rejected it? Don't know yet, maybe!  Big grin

Vasco G.

gerardo

Fri Nov 29, 2002 11:01 pm

Wait to see the next rejection, because of "badpeople" Big grin

Sorry, just a joke!!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy The pic is a bit tilted (1-2° I'd say), but otherwise an interesting shot. I'm curious, how it will look like, once it is uploaded.

Regards
Gerardo
dominguez(dash)online(dot)ch ... Pushing the limits of my equipment

ckw

Fri Nov 29, 2002 11:23 pm

Of course this is just an elaborate ploy by Vasco to ensure that the shot when finally accepted gets loads of hits!  Smile

Cheers,

Colin
Colin K. Work, Pixstel

Ljungdahl

Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:30 am

OK, as this is mentioned just too seldom here,

this must be the opportunity - the screeners makes an excellent job to keep this site to the very top!
Thank you all, guys!
 Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Johan