luchtzak

You Are Risking A Ban...

Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:03 pm

Hi all,

about a week ago I uploaded a picture:

with rejection-reason badcolor

So I adjusted a bit of the color and thought it was fine, here is the result:

with rejection-reason badcolor again but with a personal note:"it is still badcolor. Do not reupload rejected shots without changes. You are risking a ban"

Waw!! I'm risking a ban here! Could somebody explain me why someone who is working on his pictures and reuploading some changed pictures can get a ban ? Now I hope that I can have a fair answer and that this message doesn't gets banned as well!

And, if somebody wants to help me getting the picture better (whiter) may e-mail me, I will then send the picture. Thank you in advance!

greetings,

luchtzak

EGGD

RE: You Are Risking A Ban...

Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:10 pm

Hi luchtzak,

It does appear, without much studying that the colour has not been changed, so I can see where the screener is coming from.

Do you have Photoshop? If you do I suggest you mess around with the levels on 'colour balance' to get the right sort of colour.

If you don't, send me the picture when I get back from Germany (Monday) and i'll see what I can do.

Regards

Dan

Skymonster

Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:20 pm

luchtzak,

You've got to admit that there's hardly any difference between those two pictures. Had I been screening the second upload, I'd have been very hard pressed to notice any difference between the two pictures. In terms of sorting this picture out, it would take you about thirty seconds to open that photograph in PhotoShop and correct the colour balance by selecting an appropriate white point and letting the program do the rest. That would produce a far better result colour-wise than what you have here.

As far as banning is concerned, there has been at least one photographer who has received a one month uploading ban for repetitively uploading the same pictures without making significant improvements (coupled with some abuse regarding our rejection of his pictures). Whilst "banning" is moving towards a last resort and in the case I mentioned was only done after many attempts to solve the problem more ammicably, suspension is a potential option for repetitive offenders. Please note that I am not suggesting that you are a persistant offender, just that we are monitoring people who reupload the same pictures without having made significant improvements, and there are sanctions that can be applied in the worst cases.

Andy
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots

ake0404ar

Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:20 pm

Both look indentical in terms of color balance.

I am at work right now and don't have access to a good imaging programm, but this is how it could look like.

Vasco G.

Sabena 690

Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:41 pm

Luchtzak, a hint: I always put something in my caption like 'NOTE TO THE SCREENERS: no reupload, colours adjusted as requested'.

Nice scenery in your picture!

Regards,
Frederic

apuneger

Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:45 pm

Luchtzak: I can clearly see the changes you made to the picture. Unfortunately, I think you made changes to things that weren't exactly the reason for rejection.

I mean, this picture probably got deleted for being way too green. You probably thought that it was deleted for something else (the SNBA blue, lack of colour?).

Anyway, I'll try to correct it a bit. Nice pic by the way. Very nice composition. Brrrrrr, must have been cold over there. You didn't throw any snowballs to the pilots, did you? Big grin

Ivan
Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography

luchtzak

Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:46 pm

Ok, ok,

I'll try again, but please don't ban me...

greetings,

luchtzak

luchtzak

Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:08 pm

Indeed it was cold!! -2 degrees Celsius, 23 degrees Fahrenheit !! And it was snowing!

Now I changed the picture drastically, here is the result:

Wish me luck!

greetings,

luchtzak

EGGD

Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:14 pm

That looks alot better!

ake0404ar

Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:17 pm

This is much better......

gerardo

Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:37 pm

Much better!!

BTW, I wasn't aware, that the Avros look that good from that angle.  Big thumbs up

Rgds
Gerardo
dominguez(dash)online(dot)ch ... Pushing the limits of my equipment

luchtzak

Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:52 pm

Yahoo!!!!!!!!

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Bart Noëth

greetings,

Happy luchtzak

Sabena 690

Fri Dec 06, 2002 9:13 pm

Congrats Luchtzak!!

Accepted so fast??  Wow!  Wow!

Screeners are really working very hard...

/Frederic

EGGD

Fri Dec 06, 2002 9:27 pm

Only 800 photos in the que, working well screeners!!!