Dazed767
Topic Author

Hassled For Taking Photos Inflight!

Thu Dec 26, 2002 6:50 am

Myself and a buddy of mine were on a flight several weeks ago. Before departure he had his camera in his lap (focusing out the window etc, BTW it was a manual focus camera, not electronic). A cranky F/A came up and said "I know your not taking photos". Jokingly he said "oh no, not of you", in a stern voice she says again "I know you won't be taking any photos". He said why? She said after 9/11 it wasn't allowed. He told he her was also a F/A and had never heard of such a rule. Then she comes back with well it's a company policy. He started to put it away but kept asking questions, when she says "that's it, I'm telling my lead!". She never came back, but we both knew she was wrong. On another flight a few days before I was taking pics out the window and the F/A came up and commented on how nice it was (digital BTW) and that I should give it to her (jokingly). I took the cranky F/A's name and wrote that airline, which told me that it was NOT a company policy.

OK, his camera was not electric, no harm there. I really don't know what her problem was (she was being short with other pax as wel). Has anyone else encountered this before inflight??

JC

jwenting

RE: Hassled For Taking Photos Inflight!

Thu Dec 26, 2002 7:44 am

Once, but only after landing. Was told the airport was also a military base and photography on the ramp was not permitted.
No hassle, just a friendly warning to make sure no airport official would see the camera through the window. By that time I was done shooting anyway  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
I wish I were flying

jderden777

Thu Dec 26, 2002 9:15 am

i've encountered this, but not from an F/A....from an old lady sitting a row behind me, said for me to "stop taking pictures" because it "messes with the controls" and what not.....i tried to tell her that it was perfectly fine to take pictures, that it wouldn't do any harm, so i continued to take pictures inflight (yes, i did take some inflight pictures) and she continued to scream at me "STOOOP TAKIIIING PEECTURES!!!!" finally i spoke to a kind F/A and she said "sure, go ahead and take all the pictures you want!", loud enough for the lady sitting behind me to hear....i didn't hear another word out of the woman for the rest of the flight, but she did give me an evil look while we were deplaning after the flight....

hmm....that's the closest i can come to being hassled for taking pictures inflight....and it was before 9/11....in Nov 01 i was flying CVG-DFW on a DAL 738 and I asked the F/A about taking pictures and she just didn't want inflight pictures of the cabin to be taken, which was fine with me....i don't know why though...it was a night flight anyway so i didn't have the camera out except to take a few cockpit shots....

jonathan d.
"my soul is in the sky" - shakespeare

EGFF

Thu Dec 26, 2002 9:44 am

On my last flight with BMI Baby the air hostesses let me move to a whole row of my own to take pics, and they even enquired about my camera asking how much, etc ...
I fly again in 2 weeks, hope everything's still ticking nicely ... shall soon see
Regards
Shaun
All together or not at all

JT8D

Thu Dec 26, 2002 12:03 pm

On my recent flight with Virgin Atlantic I took many inflight pics. One very nice Flight Attendant stopped on her way back to the crew rest area to ask which camera model I was using and gave me advice on where to get some good pictures of the winglet and engines. At the end of the flight a different FA asked if I was able to get some good shots. I told him, yes I thought so, and told him to check airliners.net in a few days; he responded that he often checked this site to look at aircraft pics and would look for mine.

Here they are,

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Graham Hitchen

View Large View Medium

Photo © Graham Hitchen

Graham Hitchen, KMIA

thomasphoto60

Thu Dec 26, 2002 12:14 pm

I've had a few F/As tell me "How nice it was".....but they weren't talking about my camera!  Smokin cool

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"

avroarrow

Thu Dec 26, 2002 12:53 pm

Never been hassled for in flight pics, but have had some passengers give odd looks, mostly for not understanding why I would want to take pictures in the first place. Silly people.
Shameless plug.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

View Large View Medium

Photo © Edward Mitton

Ed
Give me a mile of road and I can take you a mile. Give me a mile of runway and I can show you the world.

clickhappy

Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:02 pm

I've had a few F/As tell me "How nice it was".....but they weren't talking about my camera!

Take it on board, do ya?  Big grin

Alaskaairlines

Thu Dec 26, 2002 4:24 pm

Nope - No hassles what so ever, I was recently on 4 AS flights and 2 Horizon flights, shot like 3 rolls over a period of 18 days, not one problem, I am sure people thought I was getting hit by jet lag hard, but you don't experince those problems with Alaska or horizon.  Big grin

-Dmitry

Joge

Thu Dec 26, 2002 6:20 pm

Then she comes back with well it's a company policy

And what was again this airline having those strange rules?  Insane

-Joge
Bula!

BO__einG

Thu Dec 26, 2002 6:50 pm

WestJet airlines is very friendly with picture taking while inflight.

On my way back to YYC from YVR a month before the 911 attacks I was taking pictures and I sat beside a WestJet Pilot and behind me sat another WestJet pilot. Both were pretty cool, observing me clicking like mad wondering why I am taking pictures of darkness at 10pm. ahha. Course it didnt turn out that well but oh well.
But overall it was a great experience and I will definetly do this again as I fly with them in the future.

bo
Follow @kimbo_snaps on Instagram or bokimon- on Flickr to see more pics of me and my travels.

Fri Dec 27, 2002 12:22 am

I was Justin's friend on the flight. I don't wanna say the airline, cause I was non reving, but lets just say its a certain airline that flies to New York a lot. The airline that's suposed to be friendly towards the passengers.  Big grin The funny thing is I wasn't even gonna take any pictures, I just had my camera out while I was tidying up my bag. She just jumped all over me saying it's not allowed after 9/11. I was trying to be friendly enough, and I pointed out that I was an FA as well, and I never heard anything like that. Then she said "Well it's XXXXXXX Airways policy" and I countered with "Would it help you to know that up until a few months ago I was Ground Security Coordinator with XXXXXXX Airways and I never heard anything about that?" Once she realized she wasn't dealing with another ignorant pax is when she threatened to "call her lead".

If there's one thing I can't stand is people causing problems where there aren't any.

Ikarus

Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:02 am

I've been told not to take pics during takeoff or landing a few times (on Ryanair and Virgin Atlantic) and to stow away the camera. Other than that, no problems so far.

One tip for Ryanair: Make sure you don't sit in the emergency exit rows, i.e. the very first and last rows of the aircraft as well as the overwing exit ones. There the F/As have to approach people and talk to them about hand luggage (space underneath seat in front is to be kept free), so they often tell them to put their cameras away, as well...

Regards

Ikarus

Skymonster

Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:27 am

No problems on BMI (IAD to MAN)... I even had the (electronic, digital) camera out and was using it during taxi and takeoff. The pursor came down checking seatbelts just before takeoff, and asked me to make sure that the strap was around my neck so that if anything "happened" the camera wouldn't become a projectile in the cabin. Other than that, no problems and during flight like many others the crew just asked if I'd got any good pictures.

Andy
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots

SIDsandSTARs

Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:41 am

A lot may depend on the country your flying over at the time, as well as how a particular crew chose to interpret and implement their airlines own rules.

Here is the guidance given in one airlines ops manual:

Restrictions on Photography and Carriage of Cameras

The Captain is responsible for ensuring that national laws relating to photography from the air are observed by his crew members and passengers. Breach of these laws could be most serious, resulting in detention of the crew or impounding of the aircraft.

There is no restriction to the carriage of cameras in the aircraft cabin provided that they are carried in a bag or case, however, in-flight photography is prohibited over the following countries:

Austria
Belgium
Canada
-(Goose Bay within a radius of 25 nm)
-(Stephenville)
-(Argentia)
Columbia
Cyprus
Egypt
Greece
Hungary
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Israel
Italy
Jordan
Kuwait
Luxemburg
Malaysia
Malta
Myanmar
Okinawa
Pakistan
Philippine Islands
Portugal
Rumania
Spain
Syria
Thailand
Turkey
USA -(Over prohibited areas only)
Former USSR States
Uraguay
Vietnam
Former Yugoslavia

The Captain of an aeroplane passing over the above countries must ensure that Cabin Crew are particularly watchful for passengers with cameras and inform them that photography over these countries is prohibited by local law.

Hope this helps, Rgds Sid.  Smile

jhooper

Fri Dec 27, 2002 8:12 am

As for photography in the USA, what exactly do you mean by a "prohibited area"? Are these the same as the prohibited areas on the sectional charts (such as the White House?)
Last year 1,944 New Yorkers saw something and said something.

Ikarus

Fri Dec 27, 2002 8:53 am

Accordingly, I would be a wanted man in:

Austria
Belgium
Italy

Don't think so...  Big grin

Dazed767
Topic Author

Fri Dec 27, 2002 9:23 am

USA -(Over prohibited areas only)
I'm guessing AFB's and oh....I dunno....Area 51  Big grin

Normally I put my camera bag under the seat in front of me, when we taxi out/line up on the rwy, I pull out the camera.

Omegous

Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:36 am

Since I got my first digital camera back in May...the lower end but great quality Canon A40 I have taken pictures on all my flights (about 6 roundtrips since then).

Only on one segment did I have a fellow pax say anything to me (LAS-ATL in July), something about "you were told not to have any electronic devices in use!!!" and then something about it being illegal. I casually explained that they were wrong and that was the end of it. Not bad...

And a few shameless plugs also, appropriate since the only photos I can currently get accepted ARE inflight shots...

View Large View Medium

Photo © Marc Christoph
View Large View Medium

Photo © Marc Christoph

USAFHummer

Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:58 am

I was on a WN flight recently...for a good 10 minutes towards the end of the flight I was up and about switching seats and taking about 10-15 pictures (it was an empty bird, wasnt bothering anyone), this was in full views of the f/a's and they didnt care at all...

That thing about not taking pictures over certain countries...in all honesty I find that hard to believe...its nearly impossible to enforce...

"You just took a picture of Belgian farmland sir, Im afraid thats illegal, we will have to confiscate your camera and throw you in jail for a day"...come on...what airline's manual is that?

Ive shot pics of numerous military facilities in-flight...Dover AFB, March AFB, Stewart International (C-5 ANG base), and PIT ANG ramp come to mind, and the f/a's probably dont have an idea that we are flying over those, nor would they care probably...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

An-225

Fri Dec 27, 2002 5:49 pm

I took pictures and never had any problems. An America West FA was actually pretty interested in pics, and knew about A.net. I took pictures of Buckley Airforce base, I will have to see if I can get it uploaded here. Passengers that sat next to me did not care either.

Alex
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

Skymonster

Fri Dec 27, 2002 7:32 pm

"You just took a picture of Belgian farmland sir, Im afraid thats illegal, we will have to confiscate your camera and throw you in jail for a day"...come on...what airline's manual is that?

Thing is, its not the cabin or flight deck crew's job to act as policeman in such matters, and therefore its largely irrelevent what's written in an airline ops manual about which countries its legal to photograph and which its not. An airline may have regulations about not allowing photography during take off or landing (use of electronic equipment etc) and we obviously need to comply with these rules, and in addition the crew may point out that its illegal to photograph over certain countries, but as to actual prevention - I think not, way outside of their remit.

Andy
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots

SIDsandSTARs

Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:31 pm

"As for photography in the USA, what exactly do you mean by a "prohibited area"? Are these the same as the prohibited areas on the sectional charts (such as the White House?)"

I don't know Jhooper, I didn't write the ops manual. If you ever find out how a "prohibited area" is defined, let me know.

"Accordingly, I would be a wanted man in: Austria Belgium Italy"

Have you seen anyone from Interpol hanging about near your house recently Ikarus  Big grin

Joking aside, some countries are on the list maybe because they are worried about espionage, others it might merely be illegal unless you've purchased the correct government licence, aimed at Commercial Ariel photography work rather than airliners, but you might still fall under any permit that is required. Again, I didn't write the ops manual, I'm just guessing here.

Nice photos Omegous, I like taking the odd in-flight shot myself.  Smile

View Large View Medium

Photo © Sid Star
View Large View Medium

Photo © Sid Star

"You just took a picture of Belgian farmland sir, Im afraid thats illegal, we will have to confiscate your camera and throw you in jail for a day"

No Greg, if the Airline intended the crew to take action of that sort, the ops manual would have specified it. It merely says "watchful for passengers with cameras and inform them that photography over these countries is prohibited by local law."

"Thing is, its not the cabin or flight deck crew's job to act as policeman in such matters, and therefore its largely irrelevent what's written in an airline ops manual about which countries its legal to photograph and which its not."

I agree Andy, but the point is the Airline has "covered itself", so if ever there is an incident (Athens springs to mind) the Airline will point to the ops manual and blame the crew for not informing the passengers, or the passengers for taking photos regardless, either way the Airline is covered.

Anyway guys, I think you'll generally find as long as your not disturbing the other passengers most crews will happily let you take as many photos as you wish. But if you do ever run into a crew who says it's not allowed, just be aware, they may just be correct!

Happy Shooting, Rgds Sid.  Smile

jwenting

Sat Dec 28, 2002 12:23 am

And remember that taking pictures in flight that show a military installation is considered espionage in most if not all countries.
Depending on the airline and location, the crew might just contact the local police or secret service about you (though that would be more likely to happen in 3rd world countries).
I wish I were flying

scottysair

Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:16 am

One more questions about El Al Israel was doesn't not allowed to take a pictures inside with the cabin shot and also, I've did seen with the photos for before with the first El Al's photos. So here it is:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Mariusz Siecinski
View Large View Medium

Photo © Mariusz Siecinski

I wonder to know why did got a shot for El Al B747-200? Next time I need exactly want get me more photos of B777 inside of El Al and all of the aircraft with the proper permission by cabin crew. OK?

United_fan

Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:01 am

My mom was hassled by a USAirways f/a while taking a pic out the window of a 762 @ LGW in June. She was told that it wasn't allowed. It's only out the window of some foreign carriers , i.e. BA AF etc. Not El Al,I asked. Then the f/a came back and told it later that she thinks it's okay now- after deparature.
Champagne For My Real Friends,and Real Pain For My Sham Friends

flpuck6

Sat Dec 28, 2002 6:02 am

It is reassuring to read that people have had positive experiences inside the plane. On some DL flight, I asked to take a shot of the cockpit and the technical crew was a bit hesitant at first (post 9/11) but allowed me when I insisted I wouldn't want to do anything to endanger my own hobby. Also flying on a CO 753 FLL-EWR, I wanted to get a cabin shot inflight...while playing around w/ my settings, I sensed some mother getting all anxious and I went to try to reassure her I am a plane enthuasiast and that I was flying w/ my Mom (2 rows forward). Oh well.

JT8D--Great to hear about the VS flight crew.

-Chris
Bonjour Chef!

Turbolet

Sat Dec 28, 2002 6:10 am

It's prohibited to take pictures over Malta? That's news to me.
I didn't have any problems at all with taking pictures when flying MLA-FCO-MLA something over a month ago, and in fact when I took a cabin pic on my outbound flight, the flight attendant actually held my camera pouch for me. On the inbound flight, I asked for permission, too, and was granted it.

Dazed767
Topic Author

Sat Dec 28, 2002 8:12 am

I'm pretty sure though (in the USA) there is no rule saying you can't take a photo. I think the only time they would stop you is a paranoid F/A thinking he/she could say "you can't do that because of 9-11" and most people would believe that. Sooner or later I'll move to Austraila  Big grin

gocaps16

Sun Dec 29, 2002 3:37 am

I flew from Norfolk to Baltimore on Southwest Airlines couple weeks ago and I had my camera with me. When I got to my seat, I took my camera out and kept it on my lap for the whole 20 minute flight. During taxiing, I had my camera still on my lap, the fa's did look at me snapping photos but no of them bothered me which i was happy.

After the flight, I asked the co-pilot's prmission to take several shots of the cockpit with him and he say "go for it" and I mentioned airliners.net to him as he would want to see his picture online.

We all know why Southwest is the number 1 airline out there now.

Kevin

Davus

Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:38 am

On a recent flight between Melbourne and Sydney, which was a VERY empty flight, I was taking my usual few rolls as i normally do.

There was one FA who just made the flight an absolute GEM of a flight. I could obviously see that i was interested in planes, and comes up to me about half way through the flight. We start chatting and he gives me this whole guided tour of the plane!. Economy area only of course. He should be all the galley stuff, up inside the tail of the acft, we went everywhere!.

Then however, and we are landing, the CSN comes marching up to me and says "you need to put that camera away now", which was the first time i had ever been told to do so. I questioned his request, and in the end he said "OK you can keep taking photos".

I thought this to be a bit of an about face for him, i think he was just having a bit of a power trip.

At the end of the flight, the PA who i had been speaking to (and who was sitting in the crew seat directly opposite me) comes up to me, hands me a little bag of souvenirs (pins, cards etc) and says, "dont worry, hes like that to everybody", which goes to show that some of them just like getting off on the power thing i guess.

Regards

Dave Faulkner
MEL, Australia

photopilot

Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:40 am

Well, I guess I am one lucky guy.

I was caught by the FA on a Cubana flight (over the USA) from Toronto to Havana. I explained that I was a photographer and a pilot (Soy un fotógrafo y piloto) and she said "momento" and headed for the front end. Oooops I thought. Well lo and behold, I was invited to the cockpit, spent a nice 2 hours chatting, and was invited to stay while we landed at HAV. Simply wonderful. Mind you, this was pre-9/11 so who know what will happen today. I suppose the good days are over for front end visits.

Steve

p.s. On a Aerotaxi domestic flight (AN-2) from Singuanea to Havana (a scuba group I was with had chartered the whole plane), I actually got a chance to get into the right-hand seat and fly the plane for 10 minutes. I guess the rules are different depending upon where you are.

Steve

scottysair

Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:01 am

Justin (Dazed767),

Why you want to moving into Australia for? I don't think so either!! You should to be stayed into Florida for the long time. OK? Are you made dare of the challenge about moving to Australia and this is too far far away from USA by 9,000 miles. I need you talk with me sometime on the AIMs tonight or emailing to me. Thanks!!

Regards,

Scott W

Dazed767
Topic Author

Sun Dec 29, 2002 9:19 am

I was just joking Scotty. But it would be nice to go there one day....

Bruce

Sun Dec 29, 2002 10:02 am

Never had a problem here either. See all my inflight shots here plus on my pbase account. On that MD88 engine photo, I had to completely turn around in my seat and try different angles and even get up and into the next row behind me (well, it was empty) and nobody said anything.

Back in august I asked a WN pilot if i could take pics upfront and he said sure. Those are among my most popular (by views) shots here. Just a couple weeks ago I got up the nerve to ask again, and on the MD80 flight the pilot answered quite anthusiastically "sure!" and the 727 pilot kind of looked at me a little funny when i first asked but he did say yes....after the flight said, "let me grab my salad in there and get out of your way..." and he proceeded to enjoy his salad in the 1st class leather seat while I snapped pic after pic...... I thought, "cool!!"

I just hope the pics will be upload-quality. They'll need a little touch up. but this plane is scheduled to be history in a few months so this may have been the last chance that an a.net photographer can get a cockpit shot in that 727.

The key is to be polite and nice when you ask........

bruce
Bruce Leibowitz - Jackson, MS (KJAN) - Canon 50D/100-400L IS lens

Stratofish

Mon Dec 30, 2002 4:58 am

Hey, SIDsandSTARs, how did you take such sharp pictures from a moving object at 39,000ft? I´d greatly appreciate any advice in that mine never get so clear and sharp. thanx

Btw, I´d be a wanted in many of these countries also.  Wink/being sarcastic

Stratofish
The Metro might be the Sub(optimal)way

ah414211

Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:29 am

I take photos from the cabin on almost every flight I take and I've never had any problems! On one Northwest flight I had an off duty NW captain sitting next to me, and he never said a word. While I was flying Alaska Airlines I moved seats during the flight to get some pictures and the flight attendant came and asked me "Gettin any good shots?"
Probably my favorite experience was on a United flight. I had my camera out and the flight attendant asked "Do you want me to take a picture of you?" It was great cause it was my first flight in Business class. No problems in any of my travels!

JBLUA320

Wed Jan 01, 2003 4:14 am

Did this incident take place aboard jetBlue????

That would surprise me a LOT.

Anyway, on the 29th of December I flew back FLL-EWR on CO1400 (757-300) and the crew took an avid interest in my photos, telling me that it was a great hobby. Though, none of them had ever heard of a.net

JBLU

USAFHummer

Wed Jan 01, 2003 2:05 pm

At my local airshow this past year at NAS/JRB Willow Grove, PA (NXX/KNXX), a FedEx 727-200 appeared and was open to walk through, however when I tried to take a picture of the cockpit, the Fed Ex employee watching the cockpit wouldn't let me...meanwhile for all the military aircraft on static, the crews gladly let me take pictures of their cockpits...you'd think that it would be the other way around...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

tu154m

Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:42 pm

I just went on DL ATL-SEA and the Capt announced that people with cameras may want to get them ready as Mt Adams, Rainier and St Helens were approaching and would be on the left side of the aircraft. The flight was about 75% full so some people even moved about to get better views. The F/A's even let some people look out of the small windows on the doors. For a minute I had hope that maybe, just maybe we were back to normal!!!!
Steve
CEOs should swim with cement flippers!

Dazed767
Topic Author

Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:18 pm

Yeah Ben, it was.

I fly next weekend on WN, and I'm sure I won't have any problems.

deltairlines

Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:16 am

The few times I have taken photos on flights (I haven't flown much since 9.11, and I normally leave my camera at home), I have not been hassled by either F/A's or passengers. On one of my flights when I was "click-happy", one of the passengers was actually interested in my hobby of aviation. Hopefully, the good times continue this year, as I have LGA on the calendar for March, CVG/MCO/(SFB?) for April, possibly MSY for May, and maybe LAX, SFO, and some hubs during the rest of the summer.

Jeff

JBLUA320

Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:51 am

jetBlue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!

That bothers me- jetBlue is not normally like that at all, and 99.9% of crewmembers are friendly and efficient. I guess you cant win them all.

I urge you to not let this situation alter your choice if jetBlue is available for your future travel plans- please, give jetBlue antoher chance!!

JBLU

Dazed767
Topic Author

Sat Jan 04, 2003 9:42 am

jetBlue is not normally like that at all, and 99.9% of crewmembers are friendly and efficient. I guess you cant win them all.

99.9% huh? Where did you pull that statsitc from?  Big grin

I urge you to not let this situation alter your choice if jetBlue is available for your future travel plans- please, give jetBlue antoher chance!!

Did they pay you to say that? I'd fly them again, of course if it was on a buddy pass haha.

jhooper

Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:59 am

I can't wait to be arrested for taking photos on an airplane! LOL!  Smokin cool

JBLUA320

Sat Jan 04, 2003 12:17 pm

No, they didnt pay me for that. Im not even an employee!

Though they did give me a $200.00 voucher for being loyal...

JBLU

scottysair

Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:27 am

Dazed767,

Are you just kidding about of you did ever used with Jetblue for all of time into the years, huh? I've do think someday will fly into Jetblue into the future or maybe not. I don't useful to fly into Jetblue either for me. So are you going fly into SWA next weeks? I do knew that was new concourse B will be opened next weeks Tuesday January 7, 2003. You are very warm welcome to FLL airport again. Catch ya later!! Please meet me there into the viewing area for me again. Thanks!

Regards,

Scott W.

dinker225

Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:40 pm

If it is illegal to take shots from airplanes over certain countries, how do they plan on stopping the satellite photos? If you ask me they should just abandon the entire law since they have such sophisticated satellites now.

Dinker
Two rules in aviation, don't hit anything and don't run out of gas, cause if you run out of gas yer gonna hit something.

jhooper

Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:06 pm

I'm taking a guess here, but I'd guess they wouldn't stop satellite photos for two reasons:

1) They lack the capability to physically enforce such a law.

2) The don't have jurisdiction over spacecraft orbiting over their country above a certain altitude.

Mark2102

Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:00 pm

In July of 2002, the last time I was on an airplane, I flew CO EWR-MCO. I asked an FA if I could have a tour of the cockpit and she said yes. Then I asked the pilots if they would mind if I took picture in flight and they said I can take as many pictures as I want. On both ways, I did not have any hassles.

Mark