voodoo

Novice Q: Mixing Still And Video Digital Images

Fri Jan 03, 2003 11:01 pm

Forgive me if this is too obvious to some of you but I have yet to see the answer anywhere:
As a general rule with digi cams that can shoot still and video images, can you mix these image formats on the same memory media, given enough space? e.g. so that I can come back from a spotting trip with a memory disk 1/2 full of stills and the rest a video clip?
` Yeaah! Baade 152! Trabi of the Sky! '

avroarrow

RE: Novice Q: Mixing Still And Video Digital Images

Sat Jan 04, 2003 12:48 am

The short answer, I believe, is yes. I took a friend of mine flying last week and he had a Sony 3.3MP camera and took a video of the takeoff and many scenery shots while in the air all on the same 128meg CF card. Maybe not all cameras are the same, but I would suspect they are.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Ed
Give me a mile of road and I can take you a mile. Give me a mile of runway and I can show you the world.

Craigy

Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:30 am

The memory card is just that - memory. You can put any file you wish on it providing it is compatible with the operating system it was formatted with.

When I had a Pro90, I used a card reader, which treats the CF card like any other drive on the PC. I took a completely nude picture of the supermodel Caprice from the 'net and resized it to the exact dimensions of my camera's jpeg setting, transferred it to the CF card and left it on the camera for my wife to find amongst the photos I had taken.

Regards,
Craig.

voodoo

Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:14 am

Thanks.
The case for a digi cam purchase grows stronger by the day.
` Yeaah! Baade 152! Trabi of the Sky! '