EGBB
Topic Author

Bad Double Question

Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:22 pm

I have received a rejection for "bad double" and was wondering what peoples thoughts were on this. As the screeners will know I only upload one picture of the same aircraft on any shoot, picking what I think is the best shot out of the bunch I have taken, unless its what I think to be special i.e a new aircraft or new livery or a very rare visitor. N800UK is a new aircraft never photographed before and I would have thought this was in this category. As a note I uploaded the second picture a week after the first went onto the database. I would like to know from the screeners if this is a new rule so perhaps we ALL know where we stand on this when we upload in the future.

Derek Pedley

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Derek Pedley

The bad double rejection http://airliners.net/procphotos/rejphoto.main?filename=IMG_dp2276.jpg.jpg

cicadajet

RE: Bad Double Question

Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:38 pm

Going from memory, there was a mention some time back that whatever soft areas there might be for acceptance for new airliner registrations to the database, this did *not* extend to blimps, bizjets, helicopters, GA etc. (I don't think mil was referenced).

Having said that, I don't see where these shots are dupes.

Anyway, nice shot Derek. I hope you appeal it.

Tom

JeffM

Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:45 pm

I have been in the same situation Derek, same plane, different angle, same day = rejection.

Nice looking shots though, I enjoy shooting the Hawker!

Jeff

EGGD

Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:38 am

Derek - I think if you had one of it in the air and one of it taxying on the ground it probably would have got in.. Still, its a bit of a harsh rejection...

EGBB
Topic Author

Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:45 am

Many thanks for the replies so far on this topic which I do feel needs an answer from the screener/ screeners to clarify the situation as far as he/ they view this, so we all know what we can't upload from now on.

Derek Pedley

Craigy

Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:23 am

Bottom line is that they are both fantastic pictures. I like the second one best.
Craig.

Thom@s

Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:16 pm

I think both shots look great. I'd certainly appeal. Nice work Derek!

I uploaded these shots to a.net a while ago. Both were rejected for bad double, and neither were added. I personally didn't think they looked that simillar.

For bigger photos go here:

http://www1.airpics.com/showimg.php?imgid=25442

http://www1.airpics.com/showimg.php?imgid=25441

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"