Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:15 am

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Art Brett

Sorry

JeffM

RE: Photo Problem- SWA Plane Listed As JetBlue

Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:22 am

All you have to do is hit the "correct" button under the picture, and enter the correct info. Or... you could contact Art, and let him do it.

v/r
Jeff

2912n

Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:59 am

It would be better to email Art and tell him about the error so that he can correct it. Corrections from the photographer take a higher priority than those submitted by the masses.

Tony

jfktowerfan
Crew

Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:02 am

Maybe Art knows something we don't.....hmmmmm  Big grin
C'mon Man

cicadajet

Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:19 pm

hmmm..

what was my last "badinfo" rejection again..??

Big grin

sorry...couldn't resist...  Innocent

aagold

Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:32 pm

You know, I had this strange feeling that it might be one of my photos when I saw that heading. Sorry, I'm human and I make mistakes and, unfortunately, the screeners don't always catch them. How this one got through I don't know as I expect it would be rejected with badinfo. What I really hate is when I add an additional entry for the airline name field and submit a photo. When the upload screen comes back it doesn't delete that field and sometimes you forget to delete it. So, again, sorry about the bad info. I've submitted about 200 pictures during the past couple of weeks and a few errors have resulted.

Art

cicadajet

Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:47 pm

Hey Art, I know the feeling.
I don't think anyone is seriously critical..(I hope).

I think most of us have done that. (like wrong location in big upload just like you indicated..etc..) I keep the corrections guys awfully busy correcting my own (successful) uploads after the fact and they do a great service.

And as indicated above, someone will often helpfully send me a private email if its a question or out-of-the-ordinary correction... and I'll do the same in similar circumstance.

Always great seeing your stuff !!!

A jetBlue/Southwest merger might be formidable though....even with that mixed fleet.

Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Tom

aagold

Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:23 pm

Hey, Tom,

I'm sure we've all been there ... down the mistake road that is, and it doesn't really bother me. As you noted, I almost always get several notes from those anxious to point out my mistakes, and I am thankful they take the time to notify me so I can make the correction. Perhaps I should be a little more careful when I do the uploads, but I've really been pushing it lately processing the two recent trips to MIA and TPA. That and the fact that I'm working on a laptop in a hotel room (another business trip) and can't even tell how good the pictures post process, well, you know what I mean.

BTW, I know how much you love the cold weather ... it's snowing now in Hutchinson, KS and suppose to get cold, down in the teens tonight. They have an airport here and I brought my cameras with me. Each day after work I've gone to the airport to see what was going on. I have yet to see a single airplane movement at this airport, nothing, nada, zilch. I would say it was a waste bringing the camera this trip, except on Sunday at EWR I caught a single (not great shot) of a Pakistan Air Force 707 departing. That made bringing them worthwhile. When are we getting together to take some pics? Soon I hope.

Art

Moose

Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:43 pm

Art,

Stop working so hard uploading all of those recent pics!!!!!  Big grin  Big grin

Yes, when are we all going to get together. We're all so close. Maybe a JFK trip is in order???????

-Sean

PUnmuth@VIE

Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:20 pm

.... and can't even tell how good the pictures post process, well, you know what I mean ...

One of the reasons for a long Q. If you cant tell how they look why do you upload??  Confused
Peter
-

cicadajet

Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:43 pm

A Pakistan 707 Art?

Must've been sweet. I'm zero for two this week then.

.. just heard I missed a Russian Govt. IL-62 at jfk too...

Tom

aagold

Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:08 pm

Peter,

When I wrote that I couldn't tell how good the pictures were I was stating my frustrations with using the laptop and not my desktop. As a screener you, I'm sure, have access to how many photos I have submitted since Jan. 11th. Since then I have had over two hundred acceptances on the site and I would guess probably 30 to 40 rejecttions, most for bad angle, dirty, bad info, and a few softs.

Using the laptop to post process the pics is not optimal. I miss my 21" monitor which gives me a really crystal clear view of the picture before I submit it, a much better view than on the laptop. Those rejections for dirty were probably because of this. Those little dust spots are almost impossible to see if the display isn't angled exactly right. And, on the laptop, I'm using Photoshop to post process. Photoshop is an excellent program of course, but it's not the easiest and the quickest to use and work with.

So, when I wrote that I didn't know how good they were I didn't mean to imply that I was just submitting stuff that was either hit or miss. What I have submitted I have believed for the most part would be accepted by the site and I have been proven right by the acceptance/rejection rates that I've gotten. Most of the rejections I've received, btw, were corrected and resubmitted and accepted.

So, you're not working that hard for nothing. There is a reason. And, btw, the screeners have been doing an excellent job over the past month. Most of my pictures have been processed and accepted within 24 hours. Some were even accepted during the same session I was submitting them (to my amazement).

Keep up the good work.

Art