lanpie

Bad Experience With Photo Usage For A TV Channel

Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:41 am

On November 27, 2002 I received an email from a research coordinator for a television channel in the USA.

She told me that she was looking to use one of my photo for the Country Music Channel (CTM) for a special program being done on a country music singer that died in a plane accident. The program to show on January !, 2003. The photo to be used

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Pierre Langlois

On another email, she advised me, they could pay up to $50.00 to use the photo. I replied that $50.00 was ok to use my photo.

On December 30th, I got a phone call at home from the TV channel about the release form to be signed by the photographer. I called the TV channel back and left a message to send me the release form by email.

I got the email with the release form on January 3, 2003. Unfortunately, the release form of the TV channel mentioned "photo to be use for free of charge". I sent an email back advising them it was not the correct amount and did not sign the release form.

Since, I did not receive an answer from them.

It was a bad experience. If other photographers of Airliners.net receive a request from the Country Music Channel of Nashville, USA, I suggest to be very careful before you give them permission to use one of your photos.

Pierre

thomasphoto60

RE: Bad Experience With Photo Usage For A TV Channel

Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:48 am

Gotta watch out for those damned 'rednecks'.

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"