737doctor
Topic Author

Another Question On Copyright Infringement

Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:08 am

If an airline were to use someone's photos as part of an internal training presentation without permission, would it still be a copyright infringement?

Thanks in advance.
Patrick Bateman is my hero.

2912n

RE: Another Question On Copyright Infringement

Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:19 am

Technically ANY use of something you create, (an article you write, painting you create, photography you take), without your permission is a violation of your copyright.

Listen to the end of an NFO or Major League Baseball broadcast where they say, "ANY use of this....with express permission is a violation of law"

Most of us understand that it is okay for people to download our shots from here and to use them for wallpaper and things and we pretty much give that permission. But any other use is a violation.

Tony

jhooper

Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:56 am

The thing that trips me out about those NFL games is that they say something like "any accounts of this game is property of the NFL and can't be used......." So does that imply that I could get sued for talking about the game?
Last year 1,944 New Yorkers saw something and said something.

2912n

Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:50 pm

Somewhere in there they throw the "commercial use" bit in. You can discuss it among friends, but you could not talk about the game and use it as an example while you were giving a seminar on winning football games.

jhooper

Sun Feb 16, 2003 4:11 am

Something tells me that would be an infringement on 1st Ammendment rights. I mean, how could you sue someone for talking about your copyrighted product. I mean, I know that Delta Air Lines' website is copyrighted by Delta, but I doubt I could be sued for talking about their website on A.net, even if I were making money. Oh well, maybe I'm wrong.
Last year 1,944 New Yorkers saw something and said something.

Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:21 am

You are offering your pictures her for NON PROFIT PERSONAL USE ONLY, anything that falls outside that such as eMailing them to friends, re-uploading them or distributing them in any manner is a copyright infringement.

ADG