rsmith6621a

Thank You Anet And Members

Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:15 pm

Thank you Airliners.net screeners and many of the members who have helped me to tune my photography up to the high bar standards.

Tonight it appears that I have finally had my first image added to the database and I am THRILLED to say the least. This has been a difficult task as I had 30-40 rejections and was beginning to lose hope.

Heres a look.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Randall Smith

Once again thanks for all your help, I hope this is the start of many more to come.

Randy

Did You Ever Think Freedom Could Be this Bad

clickhappy

RE: Thank You Anet And Members

Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:21 pm

Randy - nice job

Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:49 pm

Congratulations, hopefully it's the first of many.

ADG

Bruce

Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Randy, nice job. The pic is good and sharp. Looks like you have ramp access - do you work for AA? Also curious what type of gear you're using. if I had to guess I'd say the photo looks a bit "digital"...?

bruce
Bruce Leibowitz - Jackson, MS (KJAN) - Canon 50D/100-400L IS lens

rsmith6621a

Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:14 pm

Bruce,ADG and of corse Royal thanks for your kind words.

Bruce

No unfortunatly my ramp access is sticking my lense through the chainlink fence. I am hoping by weeks end to aproach the local Port authority and show them some of my other best shots and ask them if they can point me to areas that I can shoot without being hassled.Doesnt hurt to ask.

There is one area that Royal King has mentioned over near the UAL cargo area but it is inside an area where a parking permit is required. Maybe Ill buy the UAL cargo manger a box of Chocolates or a six pack of Hiennys perhaps that will give me what I need.

I am using a Fuji S602z and I think Im finally getting the hang of it.Im thinking about buying a 1.54 tele lense this week.

I also have a 777-300ER shot in the que which looks pretty sweet to me.
Will see.

Regards

Randy
Did You Ever Think Freedom Could Be this Bad

707CMF

Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:57 pm

Nice pics.

And you prove that it is stll possible for new photographers to come nowadays in the DB.

Antoine, 50 pics in the DB so far

Bruce

Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:06 am

I was there last summer and the only spots I knew were along that road under the approach path on the south end, and in the parking lot of the Water Treatment Plant for approaches coming from the north (16L/16R). I drove 'round and 'round the airport looking for a vantage point closer but found none - would havebeen great if I knew Royal back then to maybe show me around  Big grin

bruce
Bruce Leibowitz - Jackson, MS (KJAN) - Canon 50D/100-400L IS lens

clickhappy

Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:14 am

the only place at SEA now to get ramp-style shots without being runout is from the upper deck of the parking structure, but you gotta have at least 200mm to get good results.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Royal S King
View Large View Medium

Photo © Royal S King