Pe@rson
Topic Author

Photos Scanned From Negatives?

Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:46 pm

I believe that most photographs on this website have successfully scanned and uploaded photographs from negatives. This process sounds very complicated. Is it? Surely one doesn't scan the negatives as one would with photographs?
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

fuairliner

RE: Photos Scanned From Negatives?

Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:24 pm

Pe@rson,

you need a slide/negative scanner or special kit for slides/negatives on your flatbed scanner (which doesn't achieve the quality produced by a slide/negative scanner) to be able to scan negatives and slides. Then you have to go through the steps of photo editing which are basically the same as when prints are scanned.

Frank
FU Airliner Photography
Frank Unterspann - Hamburg, Germany

Joge

Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:59 pm

You can also go to your local photo store and ask them to put your negatives into a CD. Here is what I use to scan my C-41 pics to CDs:

And here's a sample picture:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Jorgos Tsambikakis

Plug sweet plug  Big grin

-Joge
Bula!

jwenting

Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:03 pm

iow, Joge is boasting of his job at a photostore where he has access to a highres professional scanner (integrated in that Agfa 1-hour processing/printing machine).
Shop I take mine to now also has one of them (plus a smaller older version as well), might ask them what it costs as it should be faster than scanning everything myself  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
But as I'm using mainly slides anyway...
I wish I were flying

Joge

Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:08 pm

Jwenting,

The printer/scanner is not on my use only.  Big grin
Bula!

lanpie

Sat Mar 08, 2003 4:38 am

I used the Hewlett Packard Photo Smart S20. This scanner can be used for slides, negatives an prints.

It is ok for me. I got good results using it.

Pierre