Bruce
Topic Author

Miami And Other South Florida Photo Spots

Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:59 am

I've seen most of the MIA photos are taken thru the photo holes along the fence near the Customs Bldg by runway 12/31 - but are there any other good spots that are accessible? And anybody have photos on the db to show it? I guess its hard to find a new good spot since they blocked parking along the south runway. I have not actually been there since 10/99 so probably a lot has changed with the cargo expansion.

Also, there's FLL and Opa Locka, and how about PBI? is their viewing lot still open and how good of a shot can you get? I remember it as not being too good but I wonder if a 300mm lens can get good shots.

Are there any other places even smaller airports around south Florida to get good shots at?

Now that things have calmed down at FLL is the parking deck roof still accessible for photos? During the terror threat they had closed part of it off.

bruce
Bruce Leibowitz - Jackson, MS (KJAN) - Canon 50D/100-400L IS lens

scottysair

RE: Miami And Other South Florida Photo Spots

Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:57 am

Yeah, It's all right for the normal after with the terror alert and I don't want slime with them again with Homeland Security on Tom Ridge. That exactly he is stupid smarter enough about problems at US either. There is nothing can do for the threat. You wish will be continued for useing with the pictures at the parking deck into the 7th floors. Well, talk ya later!

Regards!

Scott W.

USAFHummer

RE: Miami And Other South Florida Photo Spots

Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:38 pm

FLL is fully operational for spotters, both 9L area and the Hibiscus Garage still...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru