thomasphoto60

"Calling All Danish A.Net'ers"

Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:31 am

Hey guys,

I received an e-mail request for photo usage a few days back from a Danish author for use of the photo below. Suffice it to say after sending him my fees and requirements, I never heard from him again. If any of you in Denmark could keep a look out for a book that might have the following photo on the jacket could you possibly let me know. I am not saying that this individual is going to steal said photo but I am just covering my a**. It has happened to me before.

The name of the author is Jens Laruen-Schmidt. The as of yet untitled novel is to be published in Denmark (in Danish only) and limited (first run I assume) to 500 copies.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Thomas Millard

Thanks,

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"

skymaster

RE: "Calling All Danish A.Net'ers"

Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:25 pm

I will keep a watchfull eye on the danish bookshops from now on!!

Thom@s

Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:35 pm

Erik, you certainly should look out. Not unlikely one of your pictures would be a nice replacement for the author if he couldn't use Thomas' photo.  Smile

Do you guys use digital cameras for your sunset pictures?

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

CPH-R

Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:31 pm

I'll keep an eye out next time I go book-hunting  Wink/being sarcastic

Did you find out what the topic/story of the book was? 'coz that would make it a whole lot easier to spot it.

thomasphoto60

Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:44 pm

CPH-R,

Well I don't know the plot/story, however the main character is a 747 pilot.

Thom@s,

Whats up?

Sadly I have not made "the great leap foward" into digital photography. However if I can get my finances back into order, I may just be delving into the digital world by early Summer.

Again thanks guys,

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"

Thom@s

Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:39 pm

Thomas, great leap? When one can take the pictures you do, who needs a digital camera?  Smile

I haven't tried out my digi cam too much in sunsets, but my experience is that it removes the nice red colour and replaces it with white. (At least with auto settings.)

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

ckw

Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:54 pm

Problem with auto settings - camera doesn't know what you're pointing at ... it's little brain is saying "since no one has told me otherwise, I'm gonna expose this to make it look like broad daylight ... and lets get rid of all those nasty reds which are upsetting my white balance"

Cheers,

Colin
Colin K. Work, Pixstel

Thom@s

Fri Mar 28, 2003 7:11 pm

Colin, yup that's the problem. I wish there were more sunsets up here, so that I could practice some sunset shooting.  Smile

Thom@s