TZ
Topic Author

Suggestion To Help Quality Of Categories

Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:17 am

Hi!

I am not complaining at all, but when I look through the "category" pictures linked on the front page, I find many inappropriate pictures (I think). This is certainly the case for the:
"Beautiful night / dusk / dawn shots" category (where many are taken in broad daylight), and the "Airport Overviews" category.

For instance (photographers please don't take offence):

These are fabulous airport overview pics:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Jeff Miller
View Large View Medium

Photo © Jan Aertgeerts

Are these really airport overviews...

View Large View Medium

Photo © Andreas Heilmann
View Large View Medium

Photo © Bernhard Dallner

... they look to me like pictures of aircraft taken at an airport (this criteria is also true for a quite a few in the db(!))

Can I (and/or others) volunteer to do some post-screener auditing of the categories, under the strict direction of Johan. My only desire here would be to improve the average quality of these categories.

Or is the job already being done well, and it's just my perspective which is wonky (badattitude?) ?!!  Big grin

I'd be interested in your thoughts, and glad to help if I can.

Tamsin
TZ Aviation - Aeropuerto de los Banditos Team Images

Jan Mogren

RE: Suggestion To Help Quality Of Categories

Sat Apr 26, 2003 4:45 am

Hi Tamsin,
those examples are sure littering the categories as described.
You can always use the correction button if you want to fix the incorrectly labeled ones. I do it with incorrect Caravelles versions. That's about what I have the time to do..

/JM
AeroPresentation - Airline DVD's filmed in High Definition

JeffM

Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:40 pm

I agree Tamsin, there are many "misplaced" photo's spread throughout the database. A daunting task which will take a long time to correct. Maybe the correction button is the way to go, but I think additional help is needed as well.

And by the way, thanks for the kind words about my photo!

v/r
Jeff

TZ
Topic Author

Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:50 am

Thanks for your replies - it's nice to see we agree that the categories could be better.

I was hoping there was something I could volunteer to do which would be more efficient than me flooding the Corrections Editor with corrections. Also, without a strict guideline from Johan, my judgement call on what should or should-not be in a category is merely an opinion.

I'm surrprised that none of the "crew" have posted or emailed. Maybe it is not seen that this is a problem - I don't mind if that is the official answer, but still wish I could help.

Tamsin
TZ Aviation - Aeropuerto de los Banditos Team Images