Fly-K
Topic Author

A Request I Didn't Fulfill...

Mon May 05, 2003 11:52 pm

Did this guy really expect I would help his cause?

"On Monday 5th I will give a presentation dealing with traffic noise disturbing our community north of Stockholm. The title is "Sound Environment for a Better Health" and my contribution will cover the added effects of disturbing noise from road traffic, railway traffic and aircraft traffic, so your excellent photo of the SAS aircraft just above the dwellings would be perfect for my presentation. Would that be ok? I don´t know if my presentation will appear in a written summary, but most probably not as I have not been asked to write something!"

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Konstantin von Wedelstaedt

Konstantin
Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been...

Rotate

RE: A Request I Didn't Fulfill...

Mon May 05, 2003 11:58 pm

thats funny  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

would act the same .... , but I understand, why he thinks your photo would fit perfectly .....
ABC

mirage

Tue May 06, 2003 12:00 am

What made you refuse to help?

Luis

TomH

Tue May 06, 2003 12:11 am

All you need to do is get a promise from the person that they will inform the audience that telephoto compression is why the housing looks so close to the aircraft. I'm sure the speaker would not use this image to forward an anti-aviation point of view, arent you? Big grin

CactusA319

Tue May 06, 2003 12:56 am

Konstantin:

Just because he is speaking on the effects of aircraft noise to residences surrounding the airport does not necesarily make the person anti-airport, or anti-aviation. I'm sure that's why you rebuffed his request.

Ljungdahl

Tue May 06, 2003 1:09 am

Konstantin,

I'm almost 100% sure this is one of those green-environment-anti-airport-anti-traffic-anti-industry-anti-development types, he probably want to show that the aircraft's almost have their landing gear into the roof of the buildings, not mentioning that the photo isn't shot in Sweden at all, also keeping quiet that a thelephoto lens has been used.

These people have tried to do the same thing for years with Stockholm's other airport, Bromma, and they have already used similar photos in the medias, just to move the opinion of the public.

Johan (Ljungdahl)

Unique

Tue May 06, 2003 2:14 am

I would never take the risk, Konstantin! We in ZRH have very tough times about this now...!

tsentsan

Tue May 06, 2003 3:41 am

May I humbly suggest that this guy who asked Konstantin about the photo was simply doing it out of politeness and would use the photograph for the presentation regardless of his approval or not.

Its a nice way of saying "I'm using this photo, just thought I'd let you know and I dont care if you allow it or not but I'm just asking to see your reaction"....

Kindest Regards,
Tsentsan
NO URLS in signature

Unique

Tue May 06, 2003 4:11 am

Well, that's not politeness then... Since he will (probably) use it anyway, why bother to ask? This way, he drives all attention to his illegal behaviour, otherwise nobody would have ever known.
But I agree, there are too many pathetic people in this world!