nctr

ATL Says Goodbye To Brasilia ...

Tue May 06, 2003 6:59 pm

Sunday marked the end of scheduled Embraer Brasilia service at Atlanta. Flight 4300 from Alexandria, La., and Columbus, Miss., is the last Brasilia-operated flight scheduled into the ATL hub. ASA became the world's first operator of the Embraer Brasilia 18 years ago and once operated 63 of the aircraft. To honor the farewell flight ASA presented commemorative gifts to the flight's passengers and crew, and the aircraft received a traditional washdown upon its landing in Atlanta at 9:45 a.m. The Brasilia will be officially retired from ASA's fleet after its last flight at DFW in August.

Gregg

jderden777

RE: ATL Says Goodbye To Brasilia ...

Wed May 07, 2003 4:03 am

hard to believe that they're gone already, now, we just need to get CRJ-700s up here to replace the ATRs :-P

we used to get several brasilias in here at TRI daily, so seeing them gone is kinda weird (although i will like having more crjs instead). i used to see tons of the little birds when i would be connecting in ATL...just another thing gone from ATL (but won't be missed as much as the L10s, 727s, and MD11s)

now, bring on more CRJs on the TRI route :-P

jonathan d.
"my soul is in the sky" - shakespeare

jhooper

RE: ATL Says Goodbye To Brasilia ...

Mon May 12, 2003 4:46 am

Do we know when the last brasilia flight will actually be?
Last year 1,944 New Yorkers saw something and said something.