HeavyMX1

Help With BOS Spotting!

Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:16 am

Hello everyone. I am going to Boston for a day and I've been trying to find out where the best spot to view is. I have come up empty handed and turn to you all for help. If anyone can supply any info I would appreciate it greatly
Kevin
I am better than you because I live on an Island

FutureFO

RE: Help With BOS Spotting!

Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:29 am

Not sure what to tell but I have only spotted from within the terminal. You might want to try this thread on the Civil Aviation boards.
I Don't know where I am anymore

tpk

Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:05 am

Hi Kevin,

All of the spotters/photographers have been pretty much driven away from BOS leaving only people with ramp access or other official business to be able to shoot photos there.

That being said, I think there are some locals on this board who might be able to point you to some decent off-airport spots - Castle Island and Winthrop are two that come to mind.

I used to shoot there quite a lot back when I lived on the East Coast. If you don't get any other replies here, send me an email and I can give you more info on the spots that I know of.

Good luck with your trip.

Tim

ake0404ar

Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:10 am

Kevin,

it all comes down what you want to do. Watching or photographing airplanes?
Watching airplanes can be done pretty much from everywhere in and around the airport. Photographing a whole different story. Do you have access to a car? You might want to try Castle Island (South Boston) good for Rwy 4R and RWY4L landings. Around East Boston Orient Heights is a beach forgot it's name though, another good spot to watch planes take off Rwy 4R and L.

Winthrop might be an alternative if they come in to land on RWY27.

If I were still living in BOS, I would take you around.

Have fun.
Vasco Garcia

HeavyMX1

Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:17 am

Thank you everyone for all of your help. Dont know what I would do with out you all.. Kevin

tappan

Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:38 pm

VASCO GARCIA IA ALIVE!!!!!!
Hey Vasco, too bad you are not in Boston anymore...We can take Kevin out to our favorite spots, take photos, and then have them rejected here.... Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Mark Grfinkel

ake0404ar

Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:34 pm

Mark,

sure thing, still alive and kicking........Will be back in BOS around SEP / OCT Indian Summer and the golden light, which makes BOS so special...#

See ya soon
Vasco

rudyc

Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:00 pm

Hi Kevin,

Vasco gives good advice in reply #3, as a matter of fact he is 100 percent correct. I really can't say too much, but pointing a camera at an airplane anywhere around BOS in not a good idea anymore, for many obvious reasons.

Good luck Kevin

RudyC

Hey Vasco and Mark, I thought you two would be screeners by now, what's up? Mark, how's the paper treating you? Vasco can you get Mark and I a good deal on a Beemer? Call me when you in BOS I know some good places in NH and VT.

Rudy

HeavyMX1

Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:26 am

Thanks , I think i'll take my first trip up there and just look and see whats going on. I still have fum just watching them.. Then once i have scoped it out i'll start snapping...... kevin

ake0404ar

Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:09 pm

Rudy,

will give you a heads up when I will be coming over and sure will call you.
A beemer, certainly what kind of model do you have in mind. The new 5 series or do you rather like the Z4?

Vasco